Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
"OCD" when reading and listening?
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

"OCD" when reading and listening?

Hi there. I am obsessive thoughts related to reading and listening. It's been getting so bad lately that it is very hard to function day to day when socializing, it's almost impossible to watch tv or play video games or watch movies, or to read. Whenever people talk my brain can't seem to "comprehend" what they're saying, I get severely distressed and I have this compulsion to repeat what they say over and over in my head in order to "get it right" or to comprehend what they're saying. Whenever this happens I get even more distressed. It's this way with reading on almost any platform; books, social media, etc. It's really been interfering with everyday life. I want to go home and go on social media or watch a film but I can't because I know how distressed I'll get just by hearing people talk or reading simple sentences? I tried to tell my doctor about but he didn't seem to understand...Can anyone help or have any ideas how to deal with this?
Blank
1699033_tn?1405352675
Do you also have ADHD?
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
9784446_tn?1421340646
this is due to ocd that u always seem confused about what did u read or what did u listen that u tend to repeat in your mind, ocd is due to chemical imbalance in our brain, so please consult a psychiatrist for help
Blank
Thank you for the response! I will.
Blank
1699033_tn?1405352675
Do you also have ADHD?
Blank
Not that I know of.
Blank
Actually, I spoke with my therapist over the phone and she believes that my symptoms are very similar to that of ADHD and so I will get it checked out with her. I have not been diagnosed with it, but it's a start, I suppose!
Blank
1699033_tn?1405352675
It is not uncommon so I'm glad you are getting it looked into.  Take care.  
Blank
Thank you very much, you take care too! :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...