"OCD" when reading and listening?
Hi there. I am obsessive thoughts related to reading and listening. It's been getting so bad lately that it is very hard to function day to day when socializing, it's almost impossible to watch tv or play video games or watch movies, or to read. Whenever people talk my brain can't seem to "comprehend" what they're saying, I get severely distressed and I have this compulsion to repeat what they say over and over in my head in order to "get it right" or to comprehend what they're saying. Whenever this happens I get even more distressed. It's this way with reading on almost any platform; books, social media, etc. It's really been interfering with everyday life. I want to go home and go on social media or watch a film but I can't because I know how distressed I'll get just by hearing people talk or reading simple sentences? I tried to tell my doctor about but he didn't seem to understand...Can anyone help or have any ideas how to deal with this?
this is due to ocd that u always seem confused about what did u read or what did u listen that u tend to repeat in your mind, ocd is due to chemical imbalance in our brain, so please consult a psychiatrist for help
Thank you for the response! I will.
Do you also have ADHD?
Not that I know of.
Actually, I spoke with my therapist over the phone and she believes that my symptoms are very similar to that of ADHD and so I will get it checked out with her. I have not been diagnosed with it, but it's a start, I suppose!
It is not uncommon so I'm glad you are getting it looked into.  Take care.  
Thank you very much, you take care too! :)