Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD with obsessive lying

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

OCD with obsessive lying

Oh!  He is a 40 year old virgin.  Who is obsessively lying all the time.  Is this a part of OCD?
No lying is a manipulative behavior and that can come from a lot of things. You'd have to be more descriptive. Manipulative behavior can be a part of borderline personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder among other psychiatric disabilities but there has to be a lot more going on. That one symptom alone can't really confirm anything.
I know that he has to have OCD because he is constantly washing his hands, checking doors, talking to himself sometimes and acts composively.  He is very fearful of intimacy and is lying all the time.  The lying is to the point that he lies to everyone.  I think he even believes it himself.   He portraits stories to benefit himself, if he is at fault in the story for something he did.  The fear of intimacy is a BIG problem, but he refuses to get help from a sex therapist because he is scared.  He has been going to a counselor for three years but I think it's a waste of time because he lies to her and portraits stories to benefit him.  Any suggestions or ideas?  I was thinking of purchasing hypnosis CD.  He also does not want to take any medication for the OCD.  He has a family background in depression and biopolar disorder from the parents.  Depression is very deep in his family.
Yes from what you describe he probably does have ocd but compulsive lying to the point where a person believes it themselves is much more than that. It can be part of a personality disorder and is potentially psychotic. Someone can have ocd as well. If he has a family history of depression and bipolar he could have that. Only a psychiatrist can make a diagnosis. The psychiatrist needs to note whether he has depression or bipolar because the SSRI anti-depressents used to treat ocd such as Prozac and Paxil would make bipolar worse. Bipolar needs treatment with a mood stabilizer such as Lithium, Depakoate or Lamictal. Hypnosis from what I learned in a mood disorders support group is not a good idea for bipolar. OCD can respond to cognitive behavioral therapy. Talk therapy is good for anyone and you could go to a counselor for relationships and both speak about the concerns. But compulsive lying if it is that symptomatic is generally something that would require medication. Try to approach the idea of him taking medication in a supportive, non confrontational way as if it will be good for his recovery which it will be.