Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
OCD

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

OCD

So I have had OCD for a while and I have known it but never thought much of it or why I ended up getting it. I realized just how bad it really is after I have talked about it to my bf and also found out the reason why I ended up getting it. But my concern is my anxiety that comes with it. I have been sick for the past 3 months which im getting tested for and everything but im constantly checking and checking and am paranoid about it and even when im not sick im paranoid with other things and have to do things a certain number of times or do something until it feels right or just stupid things that i know i dont need to do but i do them any ways and dont get any peace of mind unless i do them.I just want to find a way to get over it and not have to do these things.
OCD is thought to be from a decrease in certain neurotransmitters in our brains. That is why SSRI medications help us.   It has also been shown that there is a genetic component to it in that it can be passed down through family members.  Does anybody else in your immediate family suffer from OCD?

OCD causes anxiety and then it can lead to depression because honestly who wants to live like this.  So since it does sound as if you are have off the hook OCD, you need to find a psychologist to help you.  You need someone that can teach you CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy).  These are tools that you use to combat the obsessions and the compulsions and take back your life.  You cannot just treat the anxiety...the OCD is the problem and that is what needs to be treated.  

Stress can increase OCD symptoms.  Has anything changed in your life that would account for your spike in symptoms?
Someone in my imedate family might have but Im not aware of it if they do. I am very stressed because I have been sick for the past 3 months and they don't know what's wrong with me so my OCD makes me worry about everything more than I probably should. I do have a meeting with a therapist later this week.
Good....you need to rule out the all the medical stuff before you can chalk it up to OCD and anxiety.  It is amazing how much these two conditions can take a toll on our health.  My last crisis situation made me lose 12 pounds in three weeks.  Hang in there and I'm sure the therapist will help you.  
Yeah i have lost more weight than i should be but thats because of my sickness. Im drinking insure so that i can gain weight back. I know that i have OCD and anxiety thats not related to my actual sickness because i did have both of those before i got sick but they have just gotten worse with my sickness.
At this point they do not know what is making you sick?  There is an undiagnosed disesae forum on here if you want to make a posting of your symptoms.  
Yeah they don't know yet I am getting tested for lymphoma tomorrow. They thought I had mono and now they realized that I don't have momo si they are going to test me for other things until they find out what's wrong. Thanks I'll take a look at it and post my symptoms.