Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
PURE O another stupid obsession

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

PURE O another stupid obsession

Hey guys and gals, its me again... with another stupid obsession. i suffer from pure ocd,  seems like its just one obsession after the next and i just feel trapped in my own head. before all this ocd stuff happened the best i could describe would be my brain on automatic. not really thinking of my thoughts, just reacting and living life and having fun. now its the opposite. im thinking of every thought if that makes sense and this obsession, hard to explain, has to do with living in the moment i guess? it freaks me out. for example. ill think "every second and every day is just one more day closer to death or getting old" not sure if that makes sense for u. or itll be like "whhy am i watching this sporting event, when its done, its done, itll just be a distant memory and now what" and i LOVE sports. and now itshard to even enjoy. (sorry its really tough to explain on here) ill try one last example lol "i just chatted on the phone with a friend... now the conversation is over.. what was the point of that conversation, we're both going to forget it and days are just going to keep going by" i dunno. lol sounds dumb but it freaks me out and i just feel trapped in my own mind and my own thinking. if ANYONE can give me feedback on this id really appreciate it. hopefully i dont obsess over this for very long.

thanks a lot everyone, and sorry for such the long story.
That's a new one for me.  I went through a period where I just figured we were all living in purgatory and what we did in the here and now was what got us to heaven or hell and so I got stuck on that for a while.  I think you just have to do what you do for all the other thoughts and say "WHATEVER" and try your best to let it go.  When the "Why am I" even starts...just stop it.  Don't let the sentence go on.  Say "I AM NOT GOING THERE!"  Yell at yourself if you have to.  Works for me.  And BTW sorry you are back with something else...seems to be the story of our lives.  
appreciate your comment. thank you
Bump your post back up since I didn't really answer it and people may not look at it since I already responded.