Pure O
I am new here and have a question. I have been diagnosed with bipolar for two years now but there is an element we haven't been able to stabilize.  I have horrible thoughts. I won't go into detail but they center on self harm and they come in at random over and over until I do a small act of self harm like scratching whitch pops me back to reality. I was in the hospital in March and the doctor there ssaid that I might have obsessive thoughts or what is known as pure O - ocd.  Has anyone ever heard of this?

I think it is more of a problem for me than the bipolar right now, but I am not sure because my symptoms overlap so much.
I can't find much about this online. Has anyone here experienced this? Is it real?
It is real. It is a form of OCD that is accompained by intrusive thoughts. Watch this link, its on youtube, theres quite a few parts but it gave me a lot of info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhVp4g742kM