Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Repetative thought keeps coming back
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Repetative thought keeps coming back

Hello, to cut the story short i thought i was exposed to HIV. Th experts i asked (which are quite a lot) said i was never at risk.

Seems like i developed a sort of OCD because i get convinced that im fine, then i go back to point zero of fear.

I have exams coming up at uni and this is really the worst timing ever.

Please help, Regards.
Avatar_m_tn
hey there,

This is called OCD.It will not let you do anything.It wants you to be 100% sure that you are safe.Even when you are 99% safe it think about the remaining 1% and makes you worried where it wont allow you to concentrate on any thing else apart from this.But Guess what you cannot be 100% safe in life.There is always an element of risk in every activity you do in life.So if your keep going to worried about these irrational fears and keep giving importance to those thoughts you are going to get bow down by those thougts and it wil make you addicted to those so that your life will be ruined till you woke up from this night mare.

I also had similar incident like yours(a no risk incident) and kept worrying about those what if thoughts.I also had some exams which was very important to my carreer.But i failed in those exams becoz of these thoughts.After testing nearly 4 months for HIV my thoghts came to rest.But it came back in a another form now and i say to myself "here i go again".The below post is my recent incident.Please post your suggestions on it as well.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-OCD-/OCD-about-hiv-syringe-prickhelp-megoing-crazy/show/2133516#post_10148260


I strongly Urge you to come out of these thoughts and try to ignore these thoughts and concentrate on your exams.Dont do the same mistakes i did.I know its very tough but there is only one way for escape.That way is to fight out it with determination.Do not give importance to these thoughts.Leave it alone.Do not care.They are unreal.They are just OCD thoughts not real thoughts.

I hope this helps:)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
3 Reasons Why You are Still Binge E...
Jul 14 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033_tn?1405352675
Blank
JGF25
Somewhere in, MD
Avatar_m_tn
Blank
warriorromeo
India
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA