Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Repetative thought keeps coming back

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Repetative thought keeps coming back

Hello, to cut the story short i thought i was exposed to HIV. Th experts i asked (which are quite a lot) said i was never at risk.

Seems like i developed a sort of OCD because i get convinced that im fine, then i go back to point zero of fear.

I have exams coming up at uni and this is really the worst timing ever.

Please help, Regards.
hey there,

This is called OCD.It will not let you do anything.It wants you to be 100% sure that you are safe.Even when you are 99% safe it think about the remaining 1% and makes you worried where it wont allow you to concentrate on any thing else apart from this.But Guess what you cannot be 100% safe in life.There is always an element of risk in every activity you do in life.So if your keep going to worried about these irrational fears and keep giving importance to those thoughts you are going to get bow down by those thougts and it wil make you addicted to those so that your life will be ruined till you woke up from this night mare.

I also had similar incident like yours(a no risk incident) and kept worrying about those what if thoughts.I also had some exams which was very important to my carreer.But i failed in those exams becoz of these thoughts.After testing nearly 4 months for HIV my thoghts came to rest.But it came back in a another form now and i say to myself "here i go again".The below post is my recent incident.Please post your suggestions on it as well.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-OCD-/OCD-about-hiv-syringe-prickhelp-megoing-crazy/show/2133516#post_10148260

I strongly Urge you to come out of these thoughts and try to ignore these thoughts and concentrate on your exams.Dont do the same mistakes i did.I know its very tough but there is only one way for escape.That way is to fight out it with determination.Do not give importance to these thoughts.Leave it alone.Do not care.They are unreal.They are just OCD thoughts not real thoughts.

I hope this helps:)