Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Unsure if lip picking ocd

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Unsure if lip picking ocd

I've searched lip picking online and in most cases its come under OCD. Every day i have to pick my lips when they are dry and boken or tight in the morning. If i dont then they become unconfortable during the day or break and the realese of them feeling like normal lips is picking them. I have to remove the whole layer of that skin though. I cannot pick a bit. It has to be the complete upper or bottom or both lips. It's become an issue because I cant leave them and i end up going into the toilet and pick away for many minutes or sometimes an hour using a mirror until my lips are soft again. But i get stressed even more so because they look quite red afterwards for a short time but its even worse when they bleed. This is the same with the impetigo on my chin. a large round scab which is impossible to miss. People even ask if i fell on my face its so embarrassing. This is the worst thing to pick but i cant help it. I hate my face when i see it but i still cant help myself from picking the skin. Another issue is scratching, twisting pulling on my hair which results in some (very little) falling off because i break it. My boyfriend hates the noise when i do it but thankfully it's not often. I know i do these things becasue im stressed but the lip picking doesnt end. I cant remember when i didnt go a day without doing it. help!
Picking can be a sign and trait of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Yes. It May be beneficial for You to discuss this with a Medical professional in Your area if it is concerning You and affecting Your thinking.
Have You tried using a cream for Your lips to take away the feeling of them being dry to stop the picking sensation or a lip balm?