Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
What would happen if I increase my OCD dosage myself?

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Okay for about a month now I've been diagnosed with OCD/Anxiety. I take medication for it. But now the OCD medicine doesn't seem like it's working. I'm mean it takes some of the OCD away, but not all. I go to a psychiatrist so I take meds and do talk therapy, which helps greatly. I'm scared to ask her if I can up my medication for OCD, in fear she will tell me "no". It helps a lot, but I think the next mg will help me even better. I'm actually on the lowest dosage. Good idea doing it myself, or should I talk to my psychiatrist? Thanks!!

It HELPS alot! So it's not like it's not helping at all, it's Luvox btw.
Never change your dose without your doctor's permission.  Just make an appointment.  They are not the drug police.  He/she will listen to how you are feeling and I'm sure up your dose since that is what you want them to try. It is really a trial and error thing and they understand that.  
Thanks, yeah I was probably thinking that would be the best to do. And not only that I forgot about the fact that if I did this my pills would run out faster, which would make the pharmacist questioning what I'm doing. Thank you again!