Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Why as an OCD sufferer, the things that really freak you out just happe...
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why as an OCD sufferer, the things that really freak you out just happen to happen?

I have a huge OCD fear of contracting rabies in some bizarre non bite way.  For example, today I was at the playground with my kids, comforting my child who fell and talking to a woman who was sipping ice coffee through a straw.  All of a sudden I feel something wet fall on my lip and of course I have no idea what it is, so I wiped it off.  And then proceeded to PANIC thinking it was surely rabid saliva from a rabid bat.  Of course this is at 3 pm middle of the day.  I was so anxious.  I did not know what to do other than to sit with the horrible anxiety.  But i always feel like the one thing I am so afraid of seems to happen to me, like why me, why a drop of something out of nowhere on my lip and why do I automatically think it is rabid saliva.  OCD just *****!!!!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank