Why as an OCD sufferer, the things that really freak you out just happen to happen?
I have a huge OCD fear of contracting rabies in some bizarre non bite way.  For example, today I was at the playground with my kids, comforting my child who fell and talking to a woman who was sipping ice coffee through a straw.  All of a sudden I feel something wet fall on my lip and of course I have no idea what it is, so I wiped it off.  And then proceeded to PANIC thinking it was surely rabid saliva from a rabid bat.  Of course this is at 3 pm middle of the day.  I was so anxious.  I did not know what to do other than to sit with the horrible anxiety.  But i always feel like the one thing I am so afraid of seems to happen to me, like why me, why a drop of something out of nowhere on my lip and why do I automatically think it is rabid saliva.  OCD just *****!!!!