Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Why as an OCD sufferer, the things that really freak you out just happe...

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Why as an OCD sufferer, the things that really freak you out just happen to happen?

I have a huge OCD fear of contracting rabies in some bizarre non bite way.  For example, today I was at the playground with my kids, comforting my child who fell and talking to a woman who was sipping ice coffee through a straw.  All of a sudden I feel something wet fall on my lip and of course I have no idea what it is, so I wiped it off.  And then proceeded to PANIC thinking it was surely rabid saliva from a rabid bat.  Of course this is at 3 pm middle of the day.  I was so anxious.  I did not know what to do other than to sit with the horrible anxiety.  But i always feel like the one thing I am so afraid of seems to happen to me, like why me, why a drop of something out of nowhere on my lip and why do I automatically think it is rabid saliva.  OCD just *****!!!!