Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Worsening OCD

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Worsening OCD

Lately I've been feeling that I need to cover everything with a coat of paint. Ha, I mean like I need to touch everything evenly, mostly flat surfaces. For example I'm typing this on an iPod and every few sentences I'm swiping my finger horizontally across the entire screen. I didn't do this before. I just tapped things and didn't touch wood floors. Now I need to touch everything and I look like an idiot when I go up and down the stairs basically stroking the railing haha. But it's getting quite annoying because I want to touch spaces that I won't be able to (entire walls, hard to get cylinder places, etc.) and it's really putting my stress levels through the roof. Do you have anything to lessen the anxiety or anything?
Have you talked to a therapist about this?  It seems that you have had other issues in the past.  
You should see someone about it and try very hard not to do what your mind is telling you to do, the more you give in the worse it will get. I am sure this will not be easy for you, try to redirect when you feel this way try to redirect that feeling/thought to a different place. If you can fight the urge and let it pass and do that often it should help you. Good luck!!!
Thanks! ^_^