Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
can someone help me
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can someone help me

i have ocd and its pretty embarassing to talk about this but lately i cant have any sexual activity without having obsessive thoughts, such as, im doing someone wrong by doing this, or something terribles going to happen to someone because im doing this, and it makes it hard when u cant do anything without worrying and obsessing over it. and i just cant seem to stop the thoughts from coming to my mind when im in the act. if someone knows how i can overcome this, or knows how to deal with obsessive thoughts while being physically active, please lend me some advice. thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
from someone with MAJOR ocd, i would explore triggers such as childhood experiences first It could be something as simple as a parent telling you at as very young age that it was wrong to touch yourself and that sex was "dirty". Events  like this often have a profound effect on a childs development of self. It may seem small but it is something tio explore!
Blank
Man, I sometimes have similar problems, I'm not sure how you deal with it cause everyone's different. My doc put me on xanex, but after a while I started not being able to notice myself, and I was not happy with the way my life was headed. I also realized that the more I exercised the better I felt about any situation. You should try and drink more water, I know it sounds dumb, but it may help.
Blank
thank you both for taking time to respond to my question, and jt713, im curious, how does excercise and drinking more water help? thanks again.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...