compulsive staring
i have compulsive habbit of staring at the genitals of guys and girls . i am absolutely straigt but i can't help it ... does anyone relateto this problem and is there a cure
Hey could post a link of his article
my bad...I shouldn't have called it an article.  It was merely a site where a poster who has the same problems posted about holosync meditation.
Here is their post.  

by Healingnow » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 am

I've had this problem going on 8 years now, I've had to quit jobs because of it. I haven't had a social life as well because of it. I think it's ocd related since I have ocd but it seems more add related. I read in the book Spark! by John Ratey that the brain doesn't make the required chemicals on it's own so it causes you to do things to create chaos in your environment. I've done many things that bother me not just crotch staring, I hugged a female relative really close as if to cop a feel and didn't want to do that. I give people odd looks when I don't want to. I picture what would be inappropriate and then do it all in a matter of seconds, I wish it were easier to just not do but it's difficult not to. Luckily I've found something that seems to be an answer, it's called holosync which is a meditation cd. I know all this stuff is anxiety based. I've done a year of holosync and have had days where the anxiety is gone and the tension I feel about staring at people's private parts is gone, it's not even a thought and it doesn't happen. I think I will be free from this problem in another year using holosync. It seems to get rid of fear which seems to be at the heart of negative behavior big and small, I can see that now.

Thanks for your fast reply ....i have been having the sameproblem and I am a med student but I don't find this symptom in classical med textbooks but only in one website ...so may not be complete ocd ...plus ilost it for one month when I was completely focussed on my med exams but once I had free time it started  slowly to surface initially slowly and then gradually increasing to previous levels ..so the idea is to remain focussed on your work and not let your mind be free...in buses I used binaural sounds(available as an app) to maintain focus ....you just think about concentrating on it and stare out of the window it disappears...plus my family is supportive...especially my brother who brings takeouts from our fav restaurants ...
If you think about it, your coping mechanisms are really distractions and that is what meditation does. Good luck and I'm sure you will make a fine doctor.  Maybe think about helping those with OCD :)  
Thanks i hope we all achieve what we want to in our life :)
Hello,whoever you are Pls post rather than asking to call us your no ,I may be rude but it looks like you are trying to sell some of this homeopathy stuff...pls post ,we are all here to learn from each other including your success with homeopathy
A link to Fred panzels article on our symptoms
www.wsps.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:heres-looking-at-you-kid-people-with-ocd-who-notice-things-too-much&catid=0:
And a website named www.ocdstarring.com that helps with our cause
Just so you know, I had the other post regarding the homeopathy removed in case you were wondering what happened to it.
Hey,
This Rachid from the US, i am also a Staring Ocd sufferer. hit me up if you u still wanna talk about this issue.
waiting to hear from u
What a relief to finally read about others who have the same problem. I, too, am a compulsive looker. This includes the gential looking, but also peripheral looking. Clomipramine has helped with genital looking, but not peripheral looking. I hope this helps. Has anyone experienced peripheral looking.
I sent you a message.
Hi ocdnightmare,I used chlomipramine a year ago and it was effective within a few days in preventing the compulsion to look at people.s crotch area. However, it did not work against peripheral looking. I discontinued chlomipramine, but now have begun it again. I.ll have to check my notes, but I was taking about 100-150 mgs. a day. Yes, it was a big problem for me and affected my relationships with anyone I dealt with. Hope this helps.
This site is a mess to navigate. I believe I responded to your message, but in case you haven.t received it, I.ve copied it here:
It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through.  I sure feel like I am the only one.  My staring is so extreme I can't sit by my dad.  I"m barely hanging on by a thread.
Thank God. Omg i have this problem but stare at buts or guys junks. But i thought it was hocd. This makes sense now thank you so much. I have always liked guys but it always irritated me that i had to look at a girl but. It made me feel gross and weird.
Thank you so much i feel like i could sing now lol
Me to justt tell myself to shut up and that's it's hocd. I thought of myself as perfectly straight until before this. I'm a girl and as turned on by guys all the time. Then i had this issue and wandered if i was lesbian of bi. So i obsessively stare at every girl and it makes me feel weird and gross. The more i say don't do it the more compelled i am to do it. Now it's ruined my sex drive.
What exactly do you mean peripheral looking. I think i might have it if it means what i think it means
Hii . I am female and 23 years old and I have this problem more than 8 years. I remeber this happend when I was in highschool  .I thought that I am the only one in this world. this problem is awful and the most terrible problem .even it's worse than cancer at bcoz least people dont judge badly.

But I have very good news for you !!!

But I have very good news for you !!!
if you belive it or not finally I can say I found the solution . you will shock if I will tell u what it is !

but before it I wanna share some informations.
I've searched alot since 7 years ago to find why this problem happend to me . even I talked to  some wizards ( or maybe you call it the exorcist)

finally I found something is wrong in my brain .but I dont know why this happend . I guess it's bcoz our past .something happend in our past and we did think about it too much + we got over stress . so our brain react by this problem .
it's like machine.honestly our brain doesnt work well . we need fix it . but how ?

here is some information that I recived from my exprience

one of the intersting thing that I realized is I found this problem in religious people.they are really good and smart people. it's really painful if other people judge badly about us. bcoz we know this is not our real personality .we know what's going on but people around us  dont know and maybe they judge about us in bad way.
first of all
we should search on internet about how to relief stress.
alot's of think will help . but the best thing is you should find it which one works better on you .
for example for me :

1- cold water (if I splashing water suddenly on my face or take a shower or swimming in cold water )

2-some  perfume even  when i smell some  hand lotion (lol) , bodywash ,...
there is some handlotion for stress relief .

3-being excited

4- I found this video on youtube it's awsome ! it's realy realy awsome ! like miracle !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmz-b2sV0Q

I think we are alive without breathing. it's funny but I guess our breathing doesnt work well ! bcoz I can see I do hardly breath deeply. that means we are living with stress 24/7 (24 hours 7 days of weeks )

I experienced days and moments with out this problems over and over .I realized those moments my mind automatically forget about my problem and it'was totaly out of my control I realize those days I was so happy and calm without stress.  I talked to same person with out eyes problem

ok and now what is the solution that I found !

IT IS " MATHMATICAL "
study math and do exercise

I can not tell you How I found this . it's secret in my life ! but belive me
and the otherthing is yoga can not help us . yoga make it worse !

we should help each other and share our informatin

we should understand this problem can be remove from our life step by step not in one night . dont except solve this promblem in only one night
we should be patient
just do these exercise every day and enjoy doing them and dont think your are  doing these bcoz of ur problem !
if the problem comes dont blame ur self or try to fight with your eyes
ignore it .
I share my information hope it's gonna help u guys . dont forget that we should ask god to help us .pray for each other .

I too have this ****...I'm thinking of just ending my life..it's too much.
I think I also have the peripheral staring.....focusing on anyone that is in my peripheral vision. This has truly ruined my whole life. I'm 110% sure that I am straight, but this **** destroys any possibility of getting a girlfriend. Oh God why do we have to have this? Does anyone else get called slurs all the ******* time or is it only me?
don't do anything dumb, I know it ***** but at least you don't have hocd on top of the compulsive staring at everything. just remember this is not you and try some CBT cuz it seems to be helping me. it easies my hocd which in turn eases my staring issues. but ya it makes me really conflicted about dating the guy I like now that that door is open.
yea thanks..appreciate it...Still alive (sigh)
Im trying to find a therapist and maybe some cbt
How are  you coping?
I'm so glad I'm not alone I've searched hi an lo and had heaps of helpful advice that usually lasts for a little while before I do my own head in. Theres a line out of a eminem song i heard the other day an it goes. I'm trapped, so all I do is rap, but everytime I rap I'm more trapped. An I rap myself right into this bubble ot o guess its bubble rap. I reckon there should be a support group for this ****. If anyone is interested an lives in melbourne buz in
Your posts have helped me.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this.
I'm so glad this forum is alive. I been google n reading up on it on different forums an its a relief to know I'm not the only who suffers with it but it sux that there's know 1 cure like an asthma puffer I've tried antidepressant n natural med but that **** makes me worse n being to pyshololigists they give some practical things to try but there's a devil in my noodle. I red the otherday on this forum bout this guy who first used to trip about how he walked then this developed it was like I was reading what my own story what a trip I wonder what the simulatitys are? I experienced a fair bit of trauma smoked a fair bit of weed now don't. I'm at trade school this week in a classroom it's horrible I think the teacher is ******* with me. I anticipated it. I spoke to a psych last week n he said thank your mind for the thoughts but choose not to buy them an focus on breathing it helps but I don't believe in it
I was taking zoloft and risperidone, but it only made things worse. Is there any meds you've trie and are helping?
Nah no luck either I'm on samE which is a natural vitamin mood stabilizer but it does nothing. I reckon if I was a horse I would need blinkers n pacifiers I don't know where to go to get help? I wish there was a solution to this that didn't require meds.
Is there anyone out there coz its getting harder n harder to breath.
tell me about it..sometimes I just want to end it
Is there any ******* hope?
I know how ya feel man. Hope I just need a ray of it. Be kind to yourself ya not alone ill be ya friend.
This is a four year old thread and so posts gets "lost" because you may be responding to someone that hasn't been on here in a while or comparing yourself to someone else who posted.  Or just saying "me too."  

Please start a new thread with details so that we can help you better.  Thank you.  

JGF25
Yeah I know what you mean !
I call it peripheral looking, but I think the proper term is hypervigilance. However, peripheral looking is more specific. Basically, it is looking out the corner of your eye when you don.t want to. For anyone who notices this, I can only imagine it.s pretty creepy. So for me, when I.m stuck in this peripheral looking and I notice the person noticing me stuck, it gets really bad.
It seems like there's been no research done no professional medical diagnosis, an no one knows what it is what to call it or how to treat it. Psychologists give practical things to apply or dope you up. It's frustrating
I experience all the same symptoms people are talking about to the point I feel this strain in my head hurts
Anyone else going to college with this disease? I'm supposed to start this september
I mentioned above that this is an old thread.  Why don't you start a new one with a bit more detail about what you are going through so that people an respond to you directly.  
Yea, ok I'll start a new thread. Thanks
Hi, at first I  thought only I had this compulsion to look at genitals until a year ago. I found out it was an OCD from a sight like this one. I'm 18 years old now. I was diagnosed with psychosis at 14 years old. I began having trouble controlling my urge to glance or look at males genitals when I started high school. I don't try to look, I don't want to look. But it's on my mind to not look therefore I do and it's frustrating. Some boys made fun of me calling me names. I pretended not to hear, it was soooo embarrassing. Throughout my high school year it became worse because I knew the boys in my class noticed. Luckily some ignored it and still was good friends with me.

The weird urge to look was at times not so strong and sometimes went away. But sometimes it was harrible. I began having the looking problem with male teachers. They never treated me differently, most people just ignored and pretending it wasn't happening. We kinda treated it like the pink elephant in the room kinda thing. While ones pacific boy always treated me differently because of it. Sometimes and very rarely the staring would happen with girls. But that never really happened and hasn't happen at all anymore. And certain boys I didn't feel the urge to look. I don't know why, it's like my OCD chooses types of people. The main boys it happened with was with popular boys or the people I didn't really communicate within my class. I guess because of the nerves of wanting to be accepted or not knowing them well brung out the OCD.

I am now 18 and graduated. Overall it didn't "ruin" my high school years it just put a damper on things. I feel I would have had more closer male friends if it wasnt for my OCD. I also have social anxiety. I sometimes have the genital staring problem with my dad but it's not bad. It's just a problem I have to deal with

I cope with my Compulsion by trying to look them in the eye or looking away or trying to focus on the conversation we are having a little more or block the lower part of their body with an object or something. Or I just simply avoid the person I feel will bring on my looking problem.

Next time I go to see my therapist I will have to work up the nerves to tell her. Because I want help with this, to make it go away or be less extreme. I'm just soooo scared and embarist to bring it up to her. I don't even know how. But I will, hell she already knows my other deepest secrets. So wtf, I'll do it!
I too recently like 7 months ago developed a weird anxiety about looking into peoples eyes, even my best friend. Then later it become even more weird when i'm in class and my brain is forcing me to focus on the person sitting next to me. Basically i can't help but creep people out with my peripheral vision staring thing. For some reason people notice that i'm peripheral staring at them and they get super creeped out and avoid to sit next to me in class. Sometimes i don't stare, but when i think about not staring is when i stare, and it happens all the time. I also developed another issue where i'm constantly staring at genitals. Like WTF? why i'm i doing this? My professor is completely creeped out by me and it gives him anxiety, therefore i develop an even more anxiety. It's creep to say the least, and it gives me social anxiety because once i do that to people especially in a class or a group of people, i can no longer be myself again, because i'm so embarrassed by may actions. So all of a sudden i developed social anxiety, OCD, and depression, because i'm constantly afraid of staring at people the wrong way, and not being able to control the urge to stare. I also have ADHD, so i take, but of course it isn't helping with my newly developed issues. I think i know how my staring at genital area developed though. One time i was dating this guy, and i didn't want to have sex, but he did. So whenever we were alone together i'll gaze over his ** to check if he was getting horny. Lol. And one night i convinced myself that he saw me look at his ****, so obsessed over it and it made me feel horrible. When i broke with him, i started dating another guy, and one day we were at a hooka bar, and i was sitting next to him and cuddly and what not, and my peripheral vision notice his *** was getting hard, so i freaked out. Lol. So people colleagues/social circle human noticed that i was looking....OMG....especially this one other guy that i was trying to hook up with that night. Anyways, ever since those weird episodes i stopped dating all together. became secluded, developed this weird creepy staring behavior, and to sum it all it makes me miserable in college and in work. I can no longer focus in class cause i'm constantly staring at the fat guy next to me, or the girl across from me boobs, and most importantly my professors****. Isn't that the weirdest **** ever?
Me and my Mom have this OCD, it is not sexually motivated it is very involuntary and annoying more to us than to the person we are staring at.   I've had it his in my life for as far back as I could remember.  And it seems to get worse as I get older, I'm in my late 40's and I feel like I'm living only half of my life because now I avoid people so much now.  I'm looking for a support group of some kind and if there isn't one available, I'm willing to start one.
I am looking for a group that deals with compulsive staring at body parts for years. My life has been a living hell since this started at age 14. I am now in my early 60 with no relief. If you find a group that targets these issues please let me know

OCD STARRING MAY BE  A DRY EYE CONDITION WHERE YOUR
EYES STICK AND STAY LOOKING AT LAST THING SEEN. OR THE BIGGEST PART OF THE LAST THING SEEN.  SO IF SOMEONE WALKS PASS YOU YOU KEEP LOOKING AT IT AS YOUR EYES ARE STUCK
I STARTED TAKING DRY EYE DROPS AND MY EYES STOP STICKING CAN YOU BELEIVE IT THAT MAY BE ALL IT WAS.  I ALSO TAKE OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT FOR LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE.  TRY GETTING THE EYE DROPS AND OLIVE LEAF AND SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU
GOOD LUCK. I SUFFERED WITH THIS HELLISH CONDITOIN FOR 20 YEARS AND I FINALLY6 FOUND THIS YES
i know you posted this a while ago i hope you read this i have it too and it is so unbeleivable that you are starring at a girls boobs if ;you are a girl
try dry eye drops and taking olive leaf capsules.  my eyes were sticking so they keep looking at the last thing you see or the largest item on the last person.  i do dry eye drops and my eyes stop sticking i also take olive leaf capsules to tighten up my eyes.  i know just how you feel i wear dark sunglasses so people can't see my eyes looking at them.  sometimes i put a piece of paper in the middle of the glasses i stick the paper on with the sticky parts of a candy caramel bar or use petroleum jelly so i can't see nothing i have to walk slow to make sure i don't fall so i leave the bottom of my sun glasses without paper.  looking at your relatives i could justs die so i know how you feel.  good luck
try dry eye drops and olive leaf capsules to tighten your eye muscles/
Your eyes may stick a vondition of dry eyes.  Your eyes stick on the last thing seen.  i started taking dry eye drops and it worked for me.
i suffered with this horrible condition also i am finally doing better
are u sure of this? i have this theory too
Read a book called "freedom from Ocd a personalized recovery program" it does mention ocd staring
Has anyone successfully stopped doing this? I don't leave my house very much because I hate accidentally looking at people's boobs. I hate this! Please help.