Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
compulsive staring

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

compulsive staring

i have compulsive habbit of staring at the genitals of guys and girls . i am absolutely straigt but i can't help it ... does anyone relateto this problem and is there a cure
perhaps you should share more about your experience. i see this is your first post. how strong is the compulsion to stare at a strangers genitalia? what do you find so interesting about it outside of the usual? how long do you actually stare at it and is it causing disturbances in your daily life? have you tried to get help from a psychiatrist?

please be specific. there's those people kind enough to help with your genitalia fixation...but really can't help much when you only give a 2 1/2 sentence description. you know, i have ocd...and i've always feared other people finding out about it because it's such a crippling disorder and yet society LOVES to make fun of it. it can easily destroy a life...and yet there are those who stand around and laugh while it does so....or pretend they have some silly compulsion of their own in hopes of feeling better about themselves and getting a laugh. i've always thought of these people as the scum of the earth and obviously insecure about their own standing in society as a whole. none the less, i noticed this is your first posting and so i can assure you that in this community you don't have to feel alone. it would take a terrible person indeed to go out of their way and come to a community like this only to make fun of those who actually do have mental illness. so, all in all, welcome to the community and hopefully you can find some help with your problem...but you'll probably need to be more specific.
I´ve had this problem all my life. It started when I was about 11 or 12. It´s really been the single most troubling issue I´ve ever had to face and the embarassment has taken me to near suicide attempts. I´ve tried half a dozen medications for OCD, some work but leave you like a zombie. Its relieving to hear that I´m not the only one in this world with this fixation. I´ve been too embarassed to go see a shrink about it, but now I think I will.
I started having this problem four years ago. i am 21, straight, female. It's really takes a toll on my life. I would isolate myself from people because of this.  I've been prescribed drugs and i think they help a bit, but it's the "dont look at it" thought that makes you look. and it keeps repeating and repeating.  You just get more and more anxious and draw yourself away from society.  I know others feel uncomfortable when I do it too and it makes me feel so guilty. It happens with both males and females, too. anyway, you guys are not alone... i don't think there is a quick fix, just have to teach ourselves to move on.
Hi!

i just want to say that I had this problem for 15 years. once my boss told me to look at people in the eyes so i knew he was talking about it. After that i knew where to look and i don't have much problem anymore. when i don't know where to look i just close my eyes and take a big breath. now my relationships with people have drastically improved and i feel a lot better. if i accidentaly look at genitals i just turn my head. i still feel guilty a bit but i moved on.

you can get over it. i did.
Dear bluestream006,

Its very comforting to know that I am not the only one who does this and has this problem. Sorry I cant help you with a cure, mine is to not look at people, because I feel ashamed of my actions, especially when I feel that someone notices or is aware of my staring, its starting to affect my relationships though and I have recently been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety.

If you have learnt anything about this topic, since your post, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or support you could offer, I just wont this problem to go away, I feel so ashamed, like crawling under a rock and dying :(

I have been getting bullied at work and I dont know whether I am paranoid that people know about my problem or they know about my problem and this why they treat me the way they do, its not very nice, the motive of my staring I dont know what it is, I cant control it, get no pleasure out of it, maybe I'm comparing myself to woman in relation to breasts, but for males and females genitalia I dont know whats going on there, Im straight, in a relationship my partner is not aware of this problem, I dont think I could tell him, have told one of my sisters, she was very supportive and an x partner and he was very supportive too.

Now that I know I am not the only person who does this I might work up the courage to find a medical professional I can discuss this with, its gonna be really hard though and embarrassing, cant believe I am posting this to be honest, this is something that I thought for a long time I would take to the grave and never breath a word to soul.

Thank you to everyone who has made a comment about his topic I feel not so alone now.

I have the exact same problem... i can look at people in the eye.. but its sort of a glaze/starting at the eye whilst subconsciously staring at the genitals areas.

I'm straight... i feel like a freak, I've no idea why its developed but it just gets worse... the more you think about it the more you do it... the more you try to think "don't do it" the worse it becomes...

I went to see a hypnotist, he couldn't hypnotize for timbuktu, didn't work on me... but he did have some good suggestions i.e positive thinking & try think of something positive to distract yourself...

The only thing is, im thinking about it all the time, trying to stop...

Can anyone help suggest anything?  
Hi. Its reasuring to hear from so many people with similar problems to my own, I thought I was the only one! My problem means I cant stop stairing at people in my line of vision, so I cant sit in the cinema because I stair at the back of peoples heads and they turn around. I find this problem stops me from having much of a social life and has drained my confidence over many years. I would love to know of anyone who has had sucsesfull treatment for this.
The+thing+to+remember+when+dealing+with+ocd+is+that+it+makes+u+think+the+opposite+of+what+u+want+to+think.if+ur+a+guy+who+is+obsessed+with+staring+at+guys+crotches+then+its+probably+because+being+gay+is+something+u+strongly+disagree+with.+Just+remember+that+ur+ocd+isnt+u.its+the+exact+opposite+of+u.so+rest+assured+that+ur+straight+and+that+ur+not+some+pervert.+I+hope+this+helps.+The+best+way+to+defeat+ocd+is+to+simply+ignore+uncomfortable+thoughts+or+urges.+dont+put+ur+own+thoughts+into+wondering+why+u+thought+what+u+just+did.just+let+it+go+and+be+free.theres+a+song+by+bob+marley+that+i+love.i+think+every+person+with+ocd+should+listen+to+it.its+called+3+little+birds.if+u+can+learn+to+live+life+by+those+lyrics+obsessive+thoughts+will+leave.
Hey y'all!!!!!! I have got the same prob here going on 11 years. ***** don't it....One suicide attempt at 21. Met my husband to be about a month later, been married 6 years and 3 beautiful kids.  My depression persists. Feels YUCKY to be me, still I trudge on.  There have been some really beautiful moments in my life. And a ton of moments with my beautiful family where I can completely encompass my soul around them and just be.............Anyone out there that is struggeling with these issues Don't give up and don't allow yourself to be squashed under the foot of what society calls normal. There are a lot of people out there that have problems...We are survivors!  Don't feel small and worthless........Yes I am wierd, yes you can call me a freak...just don't feel sorry for me or say I am a perv.  I like the fact that I can tell a lot about people by the way they react to me. Some people think I am coming on to them...GROSS Wouldn't want to be your friend anyways....If you laugh and make fun of me I wouldn't want to be your friend anyways.  I know it's difficult but If anyone wants to chat contact me!!!!!  Love you all so much!  Serena:)
Been struggling with this for eleven years now.  Tried meds that were targeted at OCD and tried therapy, neither worked.  Just wanted to say thank you for your posting.  First of all, I can so relate to what you are describing.  Second of all, thank you for insight and perspective.  I really needed that and hope many others reading this, take your words to heart!  
Thank you!!
hello serena i am guessing u are blue stream009, i am a guy and i am not gay and of course OCD has had much effects on me my first real episode was like 14 yrs ago with another issue than this one ...i now find myself staring at genitals both women and now its been obsessing about mens genital too and that has wreaked havoc on me at work i even decided to resign from work as a result..because my OCD..came on full swing late 2009.. [this is my first time on this site although i have had this webpage in my favorites on my laptop for many months now.. i was drawn to your comment or was it from -- with_hope-- anyway the PART CONCERNING FRIENDS AND PPL WHO MAKE FUN OF YOU I CAN CERTAINLY UNDERSTAND WHERE U COMING FROM.. AND THATS WHAT PROMPTED ME TO POST TO U AND i am guessing i will get some advice on this site if my posts goes through and feed back is positive... i am not here for any ulterior motives just for support and help i like to assist the best i can myself cause i feel so much for the poor and ailing ones among us in society i want everybody on this site to know that
It is very reassuring to find out I am not the only one who has to deal with this disorder. I have OCD among other things and I have had the misfortune to stare at men/womens genitals since a teenager. I am straight and the more I tell myself to stop, or force myself the more of an urge I have. I usually just pick points around their body; knees, hands, elbows, face and dart my eyes back and forth to each point avoiding the genitalia area. Like all of you this has caused me serious issues with others. I am in a recovery group for Narcotics and it is my safety net. Many women in the group think I am a creep for staring and men avoid me because they think I am gay or hitting on them. I have lost jobs due to this, ruined associations, blah, blah..etc, etc.

I have heard some talk of having shame around this or sexual orientation, the best way for me to describe why I do this, and please add any comments, is that I am not supposed to do this. This is why I have an urge, I think "Ok, don't stare" and the urge gets stronger until I do. When I don't think about it, I don't stare and have no issue. If I could just get rid of this single obsession I would be so happy.

Does anyone have any medications, advice, etc on this subject? Thanks!
You are so right.  What our minds are capable of is astonishing.  Its like having a panic attack in the car.  The next time you drive you are afraid you are going to have one and because you think this way, boom, you of course have one.  Its a viscious cycle.    You have developed a good coping mechanism that works for you...kind of like your own behavior mod.  If you are in a narcotics group then medication probably isn't the best route for you to go.  Just keep up with the CBT, I know it works for me when I use it.

Have you ever just tried to look them straight in the eye and never let your gaze wonder even when you have the thought?  Or pick places on their face to stare at such as mouth to ear to eyes and back again rather than knees, hands, elbows, etc?  Just a thought.  I don't have this particular OCD problem...just a host of other obsessive thoughts.  

Peace....

I too exactly the same problem, I facing this problem for the last 26 Years. I want to share the experiences with somebody who have similar type of problem. Please mail me at
***@****
I dont have this problem but my girlfriend does, how do a man deals with his girl friend constantly looking at other mens private area...I CANT STAND IT!!!
More importantly is does she feel she has a problem with compulsive staring?  Is this something she has confessed to you or something you notice her doing and don't like?  
Hi. I too have this problem and driving me crazy and ruining social life. I don't stare at peoples genital but have a compulsion to stare at faces.  I stare on the subway (btw I live in nyc and if you do this you're looking for trouble). I am afraid to take buses, I have to pretend to read a newspaper or fake sleeping. I do it in the laundry room and my neighbors get uncomfoortable and I get even more uncomfortable I am generally a laid  back don't look for trouble kind a guy. If I stare a t a woman they think I"m coming on to them. If its a guy they think I'm gay. (I'm perfectly straight). This is very distressing, and at some point I may become agoraphobic(won't leave my house.) I've tried many meds but so far no luck. CBT is very hard for me. If anybody out there can offer advice. Thanks.
What do you mean by "CBT is very hard forr me?"  You have tried it without success?  What other techniques have you tried other than fake sleeping and pretending to read a newspaper?
Hi I'm glad I found this place I thought I was alone in this. My problem has to do with staring at people mainly their faces. It makes more sense about the OCD to stare at peoples privates because that is the most anxiety causing and OCD loves anxiety! I don't know why the crotch area never compelled me to stare but instead it's people in general I stare at.

This problem feels so unbeatable I forgot how I was able to be in a crowd of people say in school and never feel compelled to stare at any one now I can't ever imagine feeling the way I did before this problem hit me. If any one is like me please feel free to message me.
hi you just posted 4 hours ago and here I am another person with the same problem. Its gone as far as staring at my stepdads crotch and of course he is probably thinking im a crazy lunatic. but it happens with virtually every male I encounter. it is horrible but I know its an anxiety based symptom. I had this horrible starring thing going on with my male boss and one day I spend like a couple hours with him and after that its like I didnt have the compulsion to stare but of course the next day it was back again. im a 21 female so I look specially ******* weird to people
My internet connection is spotty at the moment but I've been trying to research online treatments for what we have. The good news is that this is all OCD the specific symptom itself doesn't matter so if we stare at faces, people, crotches or windows it doesn't matter the treatment is the same. For the first time I finally feel like there is hope.

It's hard for me to imagine not having this problem it's so automatic so rooted in my brain that it's as easy as breathing but I say to myself once upon a time I never had this problem and never could have imagined it either! So there must be a way to go back or treat this problem until it isn't one any more.

Please feel free to contact me I already tried to reach out to others which by the way I'm going to check my emails :)
I’m convinced I have hocd and need help. I’m 24 year old male and one night around September I overheard a friend say “he’s weird, gay or something” referring to me. That night in bed I couldn’t get his comment out of my head I began to analyze and analyze why he thought this. “Am I gay? Why does he think this? I have never been in a serious relationship is that why he thinks that?” I continued to ask myself. The idea that people thought I was homosexual began to grow into my brain and began to loop uncontrollably. I just tried to ignore my thoughts but the more I tried the more I would think about them.
One day I realized I was staring at a friend’s crotch area, it made me feel uncomfortable and I was disgusted, he noticed and from then on I could tell he began to feel uncomfortable in my presence. I guess I began doing this to everyone I encountered because my friends began to treat me differently and talk among themselves.
In December I graduated college and moved back home to find a job. I hung-out with my neighborhood friends as I always did till I began doing the same thing and they started to notice my staring problem. Since then I have avoided all my friends and don't have a social life anymore. I concentrated on my new job but I stare at people everywhere including work.This problem is all i can think about and has taken over my existence. I work with all males in the construction field and i feel everyone has noticed my problem and are judging me. Recently, I get the feeling that they try to avoid me or speak among themselves about me. This problem has ruined my social life and has become an issue at work. I haven’t told anyone in my family about it because of fear.
Over the past week I have begun to research online my problem and found out there are a lot of other people like me who refer to this disease as HOCD. I desperately need help my mind is driving me crazy.  It has become difficult to make eye contact as my eyes always move to the crotch area. I don’t want to stare but It’s like I can’t control it and when i do i feel awful and fear the consequences. I say don’t stare and I automatically do.I have never done anything homosexual and get no pleasure from this that i am sure of. I feel terrible every time I compulsively stair and the fear has taken over my life. Please advise i need help immediately.
I feel the same exact way. I recently started the staring and it has ruined my life. I avoid all my friends, and my coworkers must think the same thing. I don't know what to do. My thoughts are haunting me. I think "Ok, don't stare" and the urge gets stronger until I do. When I don't think about it, I don't stare and have no issue. But when i do stare i feel awful and i feel like they know i was staring making it worse. Help, advise, opinions..I don't want to lose my job or keep going on with these obsessions.
I have the same problem. I started having these thoughts or "actions" when I was pregnant. I feel so guilty and ashamed. I stare down at my feet or avoid looking people at the face. At work it's the worst. My self esteem is so low.
hi, i am exactly the same. i was told hypervigilance by a councelor. which seems to fit. had this for over 10years tried alsorts of antidepressants.
It's a relief to know there are others with the same problem. Have faced this for 25 years and it blots out my normal happiness and makes me think I am the only person in the whole world who did this :-)... but despite that I am blessed with some wonderful friends and family to whom it doesn't seem to detract totally from my worth!!!
Nice to know it has a name and I'm not the only one.
This staring problem happened to me in high school and made me a leper.  It's so bad I haven't been able to sit by my dad for eleven years.
I've been a recluse for eleven years because of this.  My staring problems are really bad.  I would appreciate a response.
Hi there...sorry about that...this is a very, very old thread and it is best if people start a new post.  Usually it is somebody just concurring with what other people have said.  

Anyway, have you seen a therapist about this problem?  The problem is that the second you come into contact with someone and the thought comes to your head "what if I stare?" and boom you are doing it, needs to be dealt with using CBT.  You need to fixate on another body part, obviously the face because you are talking to someone.  Make sure you look straight into their eyes and when you are afraid you are going to wander or you are losing focus, bring yourself back and again stare at their eyes.  Short of this, you do need to seek therapy because 11 years is too long and there is absolutely no reason you have to stay in your house because of this problem.  It is treatable.  It can be treated using CBT or CBT  in combination with medication so please give this some thought.

Take care.
I went to a therapist for a year.  They ended up telling me I was incurable.  
I can't believe that somebody would actually say you are incurable.  What type of therapy did they have you do?  
I don't know.  It was just talking about the trauma of high school and the staring problem happening to me.  She tried to get me to get used to a world without men.  It was a bad experience.  
Sounds like you had an idiot for a therapist!  Don't let that get you down.  The patient/therapist relationship has to be a good one for things to go well and it doesn't sound like you had a good therapist especially if you view it as "a bad experience."  I say give it another go and if you don't like the first one then find another one.  Don't give up because look where that has gotten you....11 years of hell and thinking that therapy is crap and that YOU are uncurable which is really not true.  

Tell the psych doc on the phone what your problem is and whether they have treated people for the same problem successfully.  It is really just one more thing in a whole litany of things that you have had irrational thoughts about AND it has led to you being isolated in your home (avoidance behavior).  It is going to take some time but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain so please tell me that you will try again.  

I will tell you that sometimes I have panic attack while driving.  I hate them.  They mess with my vision and they used to scare me but you know what...I'm not afraid of them anymore.  When I think they are going to happen, I self-coach my way through them.  I breathe, I talk to myself, I sing along with the radio, I say things like "I drive all the time without a problem" and "Bring it on, I can handle it."  What I will NEVER do is pull over.  I don't care if it comes on and lasts for 15 minutes, then I will breath and self-coach for 15 minutes.  Eventually it goes away.  I know that once I start to pull over I might as well hand over my license to the MVA because I have given up.  I want you to take back control over your mind.  
My family can't afford money for therapy.  I can't either.  So I'm stuck.  It's more than OCD.  I have an overwhelming fear of men now because of being called a pervert.  I got prank calls eight years after high school asking me if I enrolled in a mental institution.  In the same month I was called incurable.  This all drove me to the psych ward for a week.  
I would like to be friends with a male but you can't just go up to a stranger and say, "I'd like to get to know you but I can't sit by you."  It's a hopeless situation.
Okay...I did a bit of research because this problem isn't in my OCD Workbook.  But somone posted that they used a type of meditation called Holosync meditation and it is profoundly helping them with this problem and anxiety in general because it could be a form of OCD but it could also be a form of anxiety and possibly even ADD.  I think it is a bit of a gray area really.  

So at the following site you can get a demo CD and try it.  I don't know how much the whole set of CDs are but at least this way you can see if it works for you.  Now the poster of the other article said he didn't just go out the next day because he was 100% better.  I believe you get better and better over time so you will need to really commit and give it a really good try.  

http://www.trans4mind.com/holosync/

It is only a hopeless situation if you don't keep trying to find a way out of it.  You came to this site so that was a good first step and now you need to keep moving.  

Let me know how it goes.
I'm on an anti psychotic Rispderidone, Paroextine, and Clonazpem.  I don't want any side effects from another drug.  Thanks for the info though.
This is meditation not medication....
Hey could post a link of his article
my bad...I shouldn't have called it an article.  It was merely a site where a poster who has the same problems posted about holosync meditation.
Here is their post.  

by Healingnow » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 am

I've had this problem going on 8 years now, I've had to quit jobs because of it. I haven't had a social life as well because of it. I think it's ocd related since I have ocd but it seems more add related. I read in the book Spark! by John Ratey that the brain doesn't make the required chemicals on it's own so it causes you to do things to create chaos in your environment. I've done many things that bother me not just crotch staring, I hugged a female relative really close as if to cop a feel and didn't want to do that. I give people odd looks when I don't want to. I picture what would be inappropriate and then do it all in a matter of seconds, I wish it were easier to just not do but it's difficult not to. Luckily I've found something that seems to be an answer, it's called holosync which is a meditation cd. I know all this stuff is anxiety based. I've done a year of holosync and have had days where the anxiety is gone and the tension I feel about staring at people's private parts is gone, it's not even a thought and it doesn't happen. I think I will be free from this problem in another year using holosync. It seems to get rid of fear which seems to be at the heart of negative behavior big and small, I can see that now.

Thanks for your fast reply ....i have been having the sameproblem and I am a med student but I don't find this symptom in classical med textbooks but only in one website ...so may not be complete ocd ...plus ilost it for one month when I was completely focussed on my med exams but once I had free time it started  slowly to surface initially slowly and then gradually increasing to previous levels ..so the idea is to remain focussed on your work and not let your mind be free...in buses I used binaural sounds(available as an app) to maintain focus ....you just think about concentrating on it and stare out of the window it disappears...plus my family is supportive...especially my brother who brings takeouts from our fav restaurants ...
If you think about it, your coping mechanisms are really distractions and that is what meditation does. Good luck and I'm sure you will make a fine doctor.  Maybe think about helping those with OCD :)  
Thanks i hope we all achieve what we want to in our life :)
Hello,whoever you are Pls post rather than asking to call us your no ,I may be rude but it looks like you are trying to sell some of this homeopathy stuff...pls post ,we are all here to learn from each other including your success with homeopathy
A link to Fred panzels article on our symptoms
www.wsps.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:heres-looking-at-you-kid-people-with-ocd-who-notice-things-too-much&catid=0:
And a website named www.ocdstarring.com that helps with our cause
Just so you know, I had the other post regarding the homeopathy removed in case you were wondering what happened to it.
Hey,
This Rachid from the US, i am also a Staring Ocd sufferer. hit me up if you u still wanna talk about this issue.
waiting to hear from u
What a relief to finally read about others who have the same problem. I, too, am a compulsive looker. This includes the gential (genital) looking, but also peripheral looking. Clomipramine has helped with genital looking, but not peripheral looking. I hope this helps. Has anyone experienced peripheral looking.
I sent you a message.
Hi ocdnightmare,I used chlomipramine a year ago and it was effective within a few days in preventing the compulsion to look at people.s crotch area. However, it did not work against peripheral looking. I discontinued chlomipramine, but now have begun it again. I.ll have to check my notes, but I was taking about 100-150 mgs. a day. Yes, it was a big problem for me and affected my relationships with anyone I dealt with. Hope this helps.
This site is a mess to navigate. I believe I responded to your message, but in case you haven.t received it, I.ve copied it here:
It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through.  I sure feel like I am the only one.  My staring is so extreme I can't sit by my dad.  I"m barely hanging on by a thread.
Thank God. Omg i have this problem but stare at buts or guys junks. But i thought it was hocd. This makes sense now thank you so much. I have always liked guys but it always irritated me that i had to look at a girl but. It made me feel gross and weird.
Thank you so much i feel like i could sing now lol
Me to justt tell myself to shut up and that's it's hocd. I thought of myself as perfectly straight until before this. I'm a girl and as turned on by guys all the time. Then i had this issue and wandered if i was lesbian of bi. So i obsessively stare at every girl and it makes me feel weird and gross. The more i say don't do it the more compelled i am to do it. Now it's ruined my sex drive.
What exactly do you mean peripheral looking. I think i might have it if it means what i think it means
Hii . I am female and 23 years old and I have this problem more than 8 years. I remeber this happend when I was in highschool  .I thought that I am the only one in this world. this problem is awful and the most terrible problem .even it's worse than cancer at bcoz least people dont judge badly.

But I have very good news for you !!!

But I have very good news for you !!!
if you belive it or not finally I can say I found the solution . you will shock if I will tell u what it is !

but before it I wanna share some informations.
I've searched alot since 7 years ago to find why this problem happend to me . even I talked to  some wizards ( or maybe you call it the exorcist)

finally I found something is wrong in my brain .but I dont know why this happend . I guess it's bcoz our past .something happend in our past and we did think about it too much + we got over stress . so our brain react by this problem .
it's like machine.honestly our brain doesnt work well . we need fix it . but how ?

here is some information that I recived from my exprience

one of the intersting thing that I realized is I found this problem in religious people.they are really good and smart people. it's really painful if other people judge badly about us. bcoz we know this is not our real personality .we know what's going on but people around us  dont know and maybe they judge about us in bad way.
first of all
we should search on internet about how to relief stress.
alot's of think will help . but the best thing is you should find it which one works better on you .
for example for me :

1- cold water (if I splashing water suddenly on my face or take a shower or swimming in cold water )

2-some  perfume even  when i smell some  hand lotion (lol) , bodywash ,...
there is some handlotion for stress relief .

3-being excited

4- I found this video on youtube it's awsome ! it's realy realy awsome ! like miracle !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmz-b2sV0Q

I think we are alive without breathing. it's funny but I guess our breathing doesnt work well ! bcoz I can see I do hardly breath deeply. that means we are living with stress 24/7 (24 hours 7 days of weeks )

I experienced days and moments with out this problems over and over .I realized those moments my mind automatically forget about my problem and it'was totaly out of my control I realize those days I was so happy and calm without stress.  I talked to same person with out eyes problem

ok and now what is the solution that I found !

IT IS " MATHMATICAL "
study math and do exercise

I can not tell you How I found this . it's secret in my life ! but belive me
and the otherthing is yoga can not help us . yoga make it worse !

we should help each other and share our informatin

we should understand this problem can be remove from our life step by step not in one night . dont except solve this promblem in only one night
we should be patient
just do these exercise every day and enjoy doing them and dont think your are  doing these bcoz of ur problem !
if the problem comes dont blame ur self or try to fight with your eyes
ignore it .
I share my information hope it's gonna help u guys . dont forget that we should ask god to help us .pray for each other .

I too have this ****...I'm thinking of just ending my life..it's too much.
I think I also have the peripheral staring.....focusing on anyone that is in my peripheral vision. This has truly ruined my whole life. I'm 110% sure that I am straight, but this **** destroys any possibility of getting a girlfriend. Oh God why do we have to have this? Does anyone else get called slurs all the ******* time or is it only me?
don't do anything dumb, I know it ***** but at least you don't have hocd on top of the compulsive staring at everything. just remember this is not you and try some CBT cuz it seems to be helping me. it easies my hocd which in turn eases my staring issues. but ya it makes me really conflicted about dating the guy I like now that that door is open.
yea thanks..appreciate it...Still alive (sigh)
Im trying to find a therapist and maybe some cbt
How are  you coping?
I'm so glad I'm not alone I've searched hi an lo and had heaps of helpful advice that usually lasts for a little while before I do my own head in. Theres a line out of a eminem song i heard the other day an it goes. I'm trapped, so all I do is rap, but everytime I rap I'm more trapped. An I rap myself right into this bubble ot o guess its bubble rap. I reckon there should be a support group for this ****. If anyone is interested an lives in melbourne buz in
Your posts have helped me.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this.
I'm so glad this forum is alive. I been google n reading up on it on different forums an its a relief to know I'm not the only who suffers with it but it sux that there's know 1 cure like an asthma puffer I've tried antidepressant n natural med but that **** makes me worse n being to pyshololigists they give some practical things to try but there's a devil in my noodle. I red the otherday on this forum bout this guy who first used to trip about how he walked then this developed it was like I was reading what my own story what a trip I wonder what the simulatitys are? I experienced a fair bit of trauma smoked a fair bit of weed now don't. I'm at trade school this week in a classroom it's horrible I think the teacher is ******* with me. I anticipated it. I spoke to a psych last week n he said thank your mind for the thoughts but choose not to buy them an focus on breathing it helps but I don't believe in it
I was taking zoloft and risperidone, but it only made things worse. Is there any meds you've trie and are helping?
Nah no luck either I'm on samE which is a natural vitamin mood stabilizer but it does nothing. I reckon if I was a horse I would need blinkers n pacifiers I don't know where to go to get help? I wish there was a solution to this that didn't require meds.
Is there anyone out there coz its getting harder n harder to breath.
tell me about it..sometimes I just want to end it
Is there any ******* hope?
I know how ya feel man. Hope I just need a ray of it. Be kind to yourself ya not alone ill be ya friend.
This is a four year old thread and so posts gets "lost" because you may be responding to someone that hasn't been on here in a while or comparing yourself to someone else who posted.  Or just saying "me too."  

Please start a new thread with details so that we can help you better.  Thank you.  

JGF25
Yeah I know what you mean !
I call it peripheral looking, but I think the proper term is hypervigilance. However, peripheral looking is more specific. Basically, it is looking out the corner of your eye when you don.t want to. For anyone who notices this, I can only imagine it.s pretty creepy. So for me, when I.m stuck in this peripheral looking and I notice the person noticing me stuck, it gets really bad.
It seems like there's been no research done no professional medical diagnosis, an no one knows what it is what to call it or how to treat it. Psychologists give practical things to apply or dope you up. It's frustrating
I experience all the same symptoms people are talking about to the point I feel this strain in my head hurts
Anyone else going to college with this disease? I'm supposed to start this september
I mentioned above that this is an old thread.  Why don't you start a new one with a bit more detail about what you are going through so that people an respond to you directly.  
Yea, ok I'll start a new thread. Thanks
Hi, at first I  thought only I had this compulsion to look at genitals until a year ago. I found out it was an OCD from a sight like this one. I'm 18 years old now. I was diagnosed with psychosis at 14 years old. I began having trouble controlling my urge to glance or look at males genitals when I started high school. I don't try to look, I don't want to look. But it's on my mind to not look therefore I do and it's frustrating. Some boys made fun of me calling me names. I pretended not to hear, it was soooo embarrassing. Throughout my high school year it became worse because I knew the boys in my class noticed. Luckily some ignored it and still was good friends with me.

The weird urge to look was at times not so strong and sometimes went away. But sometimes it was harrible. I began having the looking problem with male teachers. They never treated me differently, most people just ignored and pretending it wasn't happening. We kinda treated it like the pink elephant in the room kinda thing. While ones pacific boy always treated me differently because of it. Sometimes and very rarely the staring would happen with girls. But that never really happened and hasn't happen at all anymore. And certain boys I didn't feel the urge to look. I don't know why, it's like my OCD chooses types of people. The main boys it happened with was with popular boys or the people I didn't really communicate within my class. I guess because of the nerves of wanting to be accepted or not knowing them well brung out the OCD.

I am now 18 and graduated. Overall it didn't "ruin" my high school years it just put a damper on things. I feel I would have had more closer male friends if it wasnt for my OCD. I also have social anxiety. I sometimes have the genital staring problem with my dad but it's not bad. It's just a problem I have to deal with

I cope with my Compulsion by trying to look them in the eye or looking away or trying to focus on the conversation we are having a little more or block the lower part of their body with an object or something. Or I just simply avoid the person I feel will bring on my looking problem.

Next time I go to see my therapist I will have to work up the nerves to tell her. Because I want help with this, to make it go away or be less extreme. I'm just soooo scared and embarist to bring it up to her. I don't even know how. But I will, hell she already knows my other deepest secrets. So wtf, I'll do it!
I too recently like 7 months ago developed a weird anxiety about looking into peoples eyes, even my best friend. Then later it become even more weird when i'm in class and my brain is forcing me to focus on the person sitting next to me. Basically i can't help but creep people out with my peripheral vision staring thing. For some reason people notice that i'm peripheral staring at them and they get super creeped out and avoid to sit next to me in class. Sometimes i don't stare, but when i think about not staring is when i stare, and it happens all the time. I also developed another issue where i'm constantly staring at genitals. Like WTF? why i'm i doing this? My professor is completely creeped out by me and it gives him anxiety, therefore i develop an even more anxiety. It's creep to say the least, and it gives me social anxiety because once i do that to people especially in a class or a group of people, i can no longer be myself again, because i'm so embarrassed by may actions. So all of a sudden i developed social anxiety, OCD, and depression, because i'm constantly afraid of staring at people the wrong way, and not being able to control the urge to stare. I also have ADHD, so i take, but of course it isn't helping with my newly developed issues. I think i know how my staring at genital area developed though. One time i was dating this guy, and i didn't want to have sex, but he did. So whenever we were alone together i'll gaze over his ** to check if he was getting horny. Lol. And one night i convinced myself that he saw me look at his ****, so obsessed over it and it made me feel horrible. When i broke with him, i started dating another guy, and one day we were at a hooka bar, and i was sitting next to him and cuddly and what not, and my peripheral vision notice his *** was getting hard, so i freaked out. Lol. So people colleagues/social circle human noticed that i was looking....OMG....especially this one other guy that i was trying to hook up with that night. Anyways, ever since those weird episodes i stopped dating all together. became secluded, developed this weird creepy staring behavior, and to sum it all it makes me miserable in college and in work. I can no longer focus in class cause i'm constantly staring at the fat guy next to me, or the girl across from me boobs, and most importantly my professors****. Isn't that the weirdest **** ever?