Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
constant bad thoghts about myself

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

constant bad thoghts about myself

I am a 27 year old male. I everyday many times a day i have bad thought going through my mind. At work, at home it doesn't matter where. Thoughts ranging from, Im going to die, to always thinking things are going to go bad that i need to keep confirming it stays right, Thinking my Family is against me or there talking bad about me, or I am a loser that only makes $14 hour and barley can support my 3 kids and wife. The thoughts are getting in the way of my life that its effecting me huge now. Sometimes i dont talk to my dad, brothers, mom for months cause i think they all just talk bad about me or think bad about me. They all live close together as im the only one far away from family so maybe that has something to do. I have had thoughts when a little kid that i hated myself so maybe it rooted from then. All my life i have been very active in sports and just kinda tryed to ignore the thoughts growing up so it didn't effect me as much then like it is now. I never really thought of any mental problem b4 untill my wife mentioned OCD, so thats why im writing. Does this sound like OCD and is it possible that it can cause physical symptoms?

Thanks and appreciate any answers

Regards
Jonathan
Hello Jonathan,

I am not an expert in anything let alone OCD. The members of this community will have better information for you....but your symptoms don't sound like typical OCD. Here's a little paragraph form a trusted site explaining some general symptoms:

BEGIN: "OCD compulsion symptoms
OCD compulsions are repetitive behaviors that you feel driven to perform. These repetitive behaviors are meant to prevent or reduce anxiety or distress related to your obsessions. For instance, if you believe you ran over someone in your car, you may return to the apparent scene over and over because you just can't shake your doubts. You may also make up rules or rituals to follow that help control the anxiety you feel when having obsessive thoughts." END

Your wife knows you better than we do certainly. Does the above paragraph fit?

It's very sad that you have such low self esteem. You have a job and I'm sure you do your best to support your family....that does not sound like a loser to me. Please seek the advice of a therapist. No one should have to live with these constant "bad thoughts" about themselves.

It must be very painful and my heart goes out to you. Please talk to a professional.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck