Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
excessive wiping

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

excessive wiping

hi all- for the last couple months my daughter (4) has complained that she is still "wet" after using the restroom....she continues to wipe excessively for minutes and gets really upset b/c she can't seem to get dry enough. the thing is, she is NOT WET! i have taken her to the dr. 2 xs now and they have ruled out uti, bacteria, etc. they seems to think it is psychological/ocd related. she doesn't really have any other behaviors ....... is anyone else dealing with the excessive wiping? if so, how are you dealing with it?thanks
After the doctor ruled out other causes for the excessive wiping and he/she declared that it was psychological/ocd related, what next steps were you told to take?  I sincerely hope they did not just send you home without any idea of what to do.  

If this is indeed the case, You can come up with a number of wipes that you and your daughter agree on and see if she can keep it to that number of times.  If she becomes visibly upset at not being able to wipe more, then I think a trip to a child psychologist is in order.  OCD can present very early and you really want to catch it as soon as you can so that your child does not suffer needlessly.  There are many cognitive behavioral therpaies that the psychologist can go over with you and your daughter that can help her and you get through this.  Another thing you should do is pay particular attention to any other obsessive activities she may be doing so that these can be addressed too.  

All the best.