Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
fear of hiv

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

fear of hiv

hello, i posted this question before and i couldn't help myself so im here again. Im almost 15 and I have a fear of hiv, i am acting like a retard, im not touching anything, im making my parents crazy and i cant have a normal life. i don't know what to do. please help
First you have to realize that it is the OCD making you think that there are all these possible scenarios that you could contract HIV. Please know that HIV is contracted through sex, birth with an infected mother, or sharing drug needles.

If you do not do these things, you are not at risk.

The HIV virus becomes almost totally useless once it has been introduced to air. Keep reminding yourself that you are worrying over nothing. You can message me anytime you need to to talk about this.
Mark
I to have had this fear and still do just not as bad as I used to. Purrell girl is completely accurate!!! you can not get HIV unless you have unprotected sex with someone who is infected, share needles, or through an infected mother. You are not being foolish it is your OCD it something you cant help. Just try to remember these things and be careful as you get older. But dont live your life in a bubble- your fine and youll be fine just be safe Good luck
I understand completely I feel like all I can do is think about hiv 24-7 I had an exposure I received oral sex from a hiv+ man just found out 2 weeks ago or so about it had 2 days shy of 6week test it was negative, they told me I don't have it theres no way possible my test at 6weeks in conclusive but I always feel sick always its like all I can do is think about HIV I am about to get profesional help over it I dream I'm infected in my dreams wake up all anxious I need help this is something I have been ocd over...  Anyone want to talk to me, I thought I was fine but started feeling the pain again ...
Sadilyn,

I would encourage you to go on over to the "Ask a Doctor" forums here on MedHelp, particularly the HIV & STD ones. Dr. Handsfeld. (I think that's his name) is the resident expert on HIV. I am pretty sure I have seen him reply to other people numerous times that the risk of acquiring HIV from oral sex is very low.
I'm sorry to interrupt but is there any chances of getting hiv except those ways mentioned before? because i'm so freaking out when using the hotel towel to clean my tip of penis, being afraid there were semen on it. and then it come to my urethra..