Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
hiv and Ocd

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

hiv and Ocd

i have very very big hiv ocd.. When i sit on chair in hotels, theatre bus i always check seats if there is any needle. I must agree that.. But recently when i was coming from night shift in bus i actually had this horrible incident. I'm saying because i actually saw a needle after i sat on the chair. I even complained to police. Almost after 2 to 3 minutes after that needle prick i  got up and checked that i was slightly bleeding. Very tiny amount of blood. I assumed that it didn't penetrate too much. I stopped that bus complained to police and all. I think that needle went almost like 2 to 3mm inside my skin. I clearly know that it didn't penetrate too much. Now i want to know how deep needle should go inside skin to reach blood stream?
Hi Kari,
Well in your case, since you were bleeding it did hit a blood supply but i would not worry too much as some blood did come out and also forced any germs out with it. Just go see a doctor and tell what happened and they will recommend any testing needed. I would definatley see a doctor about this but im sure your just fine.
You should post this on the STD forum for other replys or even the HIV forum
Hi there...can I ask where you live?  
india.
i live in india. They had even published something like that in news paper. I only bleed less infact very less. And i don't think so that needle went too deep inside my skin but yes it pierced my skin.
but police and local health department has said that transmission from such incident has never happened so no need to worry for this. I don't know how long that needle was present or who kept that. But there were guys with the age of 25 to 27 were sitting around me.  
I only asked because people from a high incidence area tend to have more HIV anxiety and India fits the bill but you obviously saw the needle.  The advice you have gotten is good advice -- I see that you asked on the HIV forum.   Keep up the vigilence in watching where you sit.  I cannot believe that people do this actually.  
i don't even know if the needle went enough deep. In my view it wasn't too deep. I would say around 2mm. My question was how long it has to reach to inject into blood stream.

Can i be sure that it was no risk if i'd not bleed?

should i test with this incident?