Aa
A
A
Close
hiv anxiety and ocd cure
is there any cure for ocd or hiv anxiety.
I am continuously having anxiety that i will contract hiv my brain gives me thoughts that someone will poke my with a syringe or by mistake i will step on a discarded syringe and the list is endless.
is there a cure for this and is there anybody who has the same problem.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey
I have the same problem, I was sure I got hiv from kissing, then from blood drawn, then from the dentist.... And for a month now I´ve been living with anxiety. But I see that you realize yourself that your fears are not normal and that´s the first positive step :)
This is what I´ve done:
First I contacted many experts: my gynecologist, this website and an aids council foundation. They all gave me the same information that my fears are completely irrational.
When I get an anxiety attack I read through the information I´ve received and then I calm down a bit.
But unfortunately my mind is crazy and too strong and sometimes doesn´t let me use common sense.
I was told to look for psychological help so now I´m also seeing a psychiatrist and I have therapy sessions with a psychologist.
So don´t you worry, there are quite a lot of people with the same problem and there is a cure for this, you just have to ask for help and you´ll be fine!
Take care!
p.s. this website also provides great support
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community Resources