hiv anxiety and ocd cure
is there any cure for ocd or hiv anxiety.
I am continuously having anxiety that i will contract hiv my brain gives me thoughts that someone will poke my with a syringe or by mistake i will step on a discarded syringe and the list is endless.
is there a cure for this and is there anybody who has the same problem.
Hey
I have the same problem, I was sure I got hiv from kissing, then from blood drawn, then from the dentist.... And for a month now I´ve been living with anxiety. But I see that you realize yourself that your fears are not normal and that´s the first positive step :)
This is what I´ve done:
First I contacted many experts: my gynecologist, this website and an aids council foundation. They all gave me the same information that my fears are completely irrational.
When I get an anxiety attack I read through the information I´ve received and then I calm down a bit.
But unfortunately my mind is crazy and too strong and sometimes doesn´t let me use common sense.
I was told to look for psychological help so now I´m also seeing a psychiatrist and I have therapy sessions with a psychologist.
So don´t you worry, there are quite a lot of people with the same problem and there is a cure for this, you just have to ask for help and you´ll be fine!
Take care!
p.s. this website also provides great support