I have been getting intrusive thoughts for about 7 months now finding it quite hard to deal with but i'm beginning to understand the science behind how it all works but, i have the most horrific thoughts ever and am finding the GUILT extremeley difficult to cope with do you have any methods or mind excerises i can do to help reduce that awful guilty feeling.
First off take a deep breath. My name is Ken and I am here to help.
1. You came here cause you realize this is a chemical imbalance in the brain brought on by long amounts of stress. So lets validate it is not reality because many of us have this condition.
2. Intrusive thoughts in OCD are catorgized by the name "PURE OBSESSIVE" very similar to Torettes syndrome....
3. Ok, the fear you have is obviously not realistic because if it was you would act on it which I know you haven't.
4. start by laughing at the thoughs when they come. Youe see your fear is from the thought, you percieve it as reality because you thought it; but in reality it is you brian making up a thought cause your heart rate jumped your breathing went up and your blood pressure increased...
5. When the thought comes the trick is to desensitize your self to the thought by saying "Yes, I can't wait to leasve my hubby and break my family up and be disgraced"... Oh yes come un lets break up right now..... Even go as far as to call yourself on the phone and role play!!!!!!
6. Seratonin inhibitors, Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro.... I reccomend 50 mil per day of Zoloft for 1 week then up to 100 mil for 1 week then 150 mil continuing for 3 months. This will allow your panic to subside allowing the thoughts to bounce off you like rubber hence the thoughts will not need come around anymore.
Please take care and now this is a chemical imbalance caused by stress. Once you change and rethink and reprogram what you percieve as stress then you can be free.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.