Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
mild OCD

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

mild OCD

Ok well I'm 15 and I'm not sure if I have OCD or not.. When I was little I used to do strange things like turn the light on and off several times and sleep perfectly in the middle of the bed incase bad things happened. And I always tried to keep my room in order too.and when I was younger I would have had a conversation and a thought would have come in my head, but I'd think 'that's awful! I can't say that!" But then it would nag me that I NEED to say it to get it out of my head, so I would and feel relieved, but then I'd think "what was that about"... I'd always joked that I'd got OCD but never done anything. And as I got older it had sortof gone away,but recently I've been feeling kinda low and I think its back. Like recently I typed something on my phone, and I suddenly felt like I'd not touched the certain key right, so deleted the letter and retyped it, but it wouldn't feel right, so I had this urge to move my arm in a weird way.. like some kind of way to relieve the nagging in my head of typing it wrong, then it went away. And its been happening abit more and more each day..I don't know what's going on, its not like I'm overly obsessive about being clean or tidy or anything but sometimes things just don't feel "right" so I have to adjust them. Is it possible to have mild OCD? Or is this even OCD at all?
As an severe OCD person I can recommend you to find help, OCD is exhausting and difficult to live with, find help and you will have a better life ,also I recommend you to read this book,it help me A LOT with my OCD. Brain lock by Jeffrey M. Schwartz,M.D.
I'm not sure if this is OCD though? I was hoping someone could help me
To me is a clear case of OCD and anxiety.
Sounds like it to me too.

My OCD started off small as well, little things, checking under my bed, sleeping on the edge of the bed, brushing my teeth 30 times each side, double checking that I locked the door... I did all of these things I thought out of habit, until one day I realized I couldn't not do them.

I am now full blown OCD and am having a very hard time with life and just enjoying it.

Im not saying you will end up as bad as I have become, I am suggesting that you get hekp or talk to a Dr sooner than later.
Thankyou guys, I think if it keeps up I will go to a doctor, because although its not that bad, there's definitely something now quite right. Thanks soo much xx