Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
my boyfriend has been diagnoised with ocd, how can i help him? and will...
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my boyfriend has been diagnoised with ocd, how can i help him? and will he get better?

my boyfriend has also had a thing bout locking doors. and then it this ast few months he has started retracing journeys he has made in his car incase he has knowed someone down. he has also stopped sleeping with me, he says it s because he is afraid of getting me pregnant. the condition is also affecting his work, as part of his job is ensuring objects are tight, and he is tightening them that much he is breaking them and when we are out he dosnt like being in big crowds of people.( he has had this fear from ever i know him 3/4 yrs) i presuaded him to go to the doctors, and he was diagnoised with ocd and he was given tablets, and has to go back in a few weeks. how can i help him, is there anything are does he just have to suffer alone?  and will he get better, as selfish as this may seem i do miss sex with him. can some please help me.