ocd & tourettes
My 10 year old son has OCD related to food.  He will only eat about 6 different foods and this has gone on for years.  In fact, since going off the bottle at age one, he has refused to drink anything other than water.  We tried cognitive behavioral therapy through a respected university, but it didn't help.  I don't know what to do to help him; I know he wants to be able to eat normally, but he says it is too hard.  When he does manage to try something new, he says he hates it.  He's very sensitive to the texture, as well as taste.  By way of background, he was also diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome several years ago (although this is manageable.)  The food issue, however, is affecting him socially.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
OCD and Tourrette's often occur together and with young children, behavioral therapy is tried first but medication is very effective on both. I would speak to a child psychiatrist and find out more.