Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
ocd of counting and cig butt fears

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

ocd of counting and cig butt fears

I have two things going on and wnate dto see if others have this too. my first ocd is that I have a major fear of cig butts on a floor. I can see them out side on teh ground and Im fine but if I see one on the floor it act like i have seen a mouse. I jump up on chairs point at it start gaging and totally freak out until someone picks it up. I have had this since i was in my teans and dont know why. I am also a smoker which makes it odder.
My other is that a couple of years ago i wnet to bed one night and work up having chest pains. it ended up with my having sever pnuemonia (pneumonia) but since then in order to get to sleep at night I have to count things.. like figuring in my head it would take 2892 pennies to cover my bed.or saying to myself " I have two ducks they have four eggs two girls and two boys these girls each have four eggs and i do the math into the thousands until I fall to sleep. I am also unable to write n wrinkled paper. I have never been able to and Im unsure why. I am not a neat freak or anything like that but if paper is deformed like lines fadded or darkerer then the others of wrinkled n any way I cant write on it. does anyone else have these ocd's ?
For those of us predisposed to OCD, there are usually triggers in our lives that lead to our irrational behavior and it sounds like you have several of them.  I cannot relate myself to the cigarette butts and it is odd since you are a smoker.  The counting and wanting things to look perfect all fit the bill.  Have you seen a therapist?  I saw that you do bodyrocking as well to alleviate your anxiety.  Sounds like you could use some therapy to help you deal with all of this.