Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
paranoid ocd

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

paranoid ocd

ok so im not expecting any answers to this question but im hoping by at least writing about my issues it will at least help me somewhat.
So basically i believe i suffer from ocd, paranoid thoughts get highly anxious about things that i might of said or what i might not of said or did in the past. i think about situations that happened and obsess over them, then get paranoid i might ive said something or did something that might get friends, family hurt into trouble even worse e.t.c now that may not sound that bad but its got to the point where i now try and get myself to believe i broke the law, did something morally wrong and i know i didnt but i have to like prove to myself i didnt and it goes on and on for example.....one night i was out with an ex girlfriend and i was rather drunk and we went into the private toilet and i tried to have sex with her, not in a creepy way in a normal bf/gf way and she said no, i went oh come on she said no, so i opened the door and we went out. we carried on dating for seven months but here i am a year and a half later paranoid that she may think that i raped her, i know it doesnt add up but this is the sort of things i have to deal with day in day out. i have no focus no motivation nothing, it just takes over me feeling all tight in stomach chest until i reassure myself i did nothing wrong.but anyway thats only one of a few problems i have, so yeah any advice would be grateful. and soory for my terrible grammar.... i probably get paranoid about that in about an hout too.. haha
Tags: paranoid, OCD
Hi there...why would you not expect us to answer your question when you see that we answer everybody else's?  It seems to me it is just another part of your problem with doubt.  You doubt reality and you believe in fiction.  Very common with OCD.  Now since you have said you believe you suffer from OCD I'm going to assume that you have not seen anybody to get a formal diagnosis.  Also, the thing with your ex girlfriend happened 7 months ago and so that leads me to believe that you have been having a problem for at least that long if not longer.  This is no way to live life.  You need to see out the help of a psychologist so that you can get a diagnosis and talk about treatment options.  Cognitive behavioral therapy is one strategy and a lot of people use it including myself.  Medication is another strategy that can be discussed.  Together they are a very powerful combination but that is not to say that CBT alone will not work.  For many people it does and it is the best starting place.  So please seek help if you can, it will make the world of difference for you.

For the time being, when you feel like things are just taking over try this breathing exercise.  You can do it sitting, standing, lying down...nobody will ever know you are even doing it.  Take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it for 5 seconds and count this out in your head, then let it all out through your mouth.  Continue doing this until the anxiety has subsided and you can think more rationally.  When you have calmed down, use some self-coaching to alleviate these doubts.  "I would never rape somebody so enough of that."  "I'm not a law breaker so I'm not even going there."  These types of postive statements go a long way to stopping the thought and allowing it to go on and on and get worse and worse.  Let us know how you are doing.