OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER (OCD)
COMMUNITY
staring at private parts of people even while talking to family members also
by ami_karn, Jun 10, 2014
i am 22 yr old an engineering student......i have been suffering ocd staring for around 3 yrs....look whenever i am around the people or while talking to the people(friends or family members or anyone).....i usually look at their private parts and this makes me feel worst in front of the people.....and they also dont want to interact with me and ignore me everywhere......and due to this reasons girls not at all talk with me......i feel like that .....i wish i would never exist in this world :(.......
getting depressed more due to this.....plz help someone
Member Comments (16)
by JGF25Blank, Jun 11, 2014
It is kind of like me telling you not think of a zebra and the first thing you think of is a zebra.  You don't want to look there but you end up looking there because of your anxiety.  Have you tried to pick a place on a person's face, say their eyes or their nose or mouth and look only there?  Also, have you seen a psychologist?
by ami_karn, Jun 17, 2014
i have tried to look at those parts of pepples' face....but in the end i look into their privartd parts......and also no pyschologist facility is available here
by JGF25Blank, Jun 17, 2014
Okay, so tell me how it happens.  If you are staring at someone's face and you feel yourself (because I'm sure you can tell that you are about to do it...you are probably warring with your mind about whether to look) what do you do to stop yourself? Do you try to refocus your attention?  Do you talk to yourself in your head "NO, I AM NOT DOING THAT AGAIN"  or "DO NOT LOOK".  Anything to jar you back to the topic that is being discussed.  
by ami_karn, Jun 18, 2014
yes....i make every possible steps....not to do that......sometimes i think in my mind.....why i m doing that plz stop stop.....thats what i always think in my mind.....i try to make focus on people's face but in the end you know that happens........especially when girls are there.....m totally feel uncomfortable to make eye contact due to these sexual thoughts
by JGF25Blank, Jun 18, 2014
I am trying to find some reference articles for you so give me a little bit.  Thanks.  
by ami_karn, Jun 18, 2014
thanks a lot........i am looking forward to your reply
by JGF25Blank, Jun 19, 2014
Here is an article that you might find helpful.  

http://www.wsps.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:heres-looking-at-you-kid-people-with-ocd-who-notice-things-too-much&catid=0:

by ami_karn, Jun 20, 2014
that means ive to use medication as well as E&RP treatment i.e. to face that situation which i always fear while talking with people........but how should i start?
by JGF25Blank, Jun 20, 2014
Where are you from?  ERP is taught by a psychologist.