Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
staring at private parts of people even while talking to family members...

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

staring at private parts of people even while talking to family members also

i am 22 yr old an engineering student......i have been suffering ocd staring for around 3 yrs....look whenever i am around the people or while talking to the people(friends or family members or anyone).....i usually look at their private parts and this makes me feel worst in front of the people.....and they also dont want to interact with me and ignore me everywhere......and due to this reasons girls not at all talk with me......i feel like that .....i wish i would never exist in this world :(.......
getting depressed more due to this.....plz help someone
It is kind of like me telling you not think of a zebra and the first thing you think of is a zebra.  You don't want to look there but you end up looking there because of your anxiety.  Have you tried to pick a place on a person's face, say their eyes or their nose or mouth and look only there?  Also, have you seen a psychologist?
i have tried to look at those parts of pepples' face....but in the end i look into their privartd parts......and also no pyschologist facility is available here
Okay, so tell me how it happens.  If you are staring at someone's face and you feel yourself (because I'm sure you can tell that you are about to do it...you are probably warring with your mind about whether to look) what do you do to stop yourself? Do you try to refocus your attention?  Do you talk to yourself in your head "NO, I AM NOT DOING THAT AGAIN"  or "DO NOT LOOK".  Anything to jar you back to the topic that is being discussed.  
yes....i make every possible steps....not to do that......sometimes i think in my mind.....why i m doing that plz stop stop.....thats what i always think in my mind.....i try to make focus on people's face but in the end you know that happens........especially when girls are there.....m totally feel uncomfortable to make eye contact due to these sexual thoughts
I am trying to find some reference articles for you so give me a little bit.  Thanks.  
thanks a lot........i am looking forward to your reply
Here is an article that you might find helpful.  

http://www.wsps.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:heres-looking-at-you-kid-people-with-ocd-who-notice-things-too-much&catid=0:

that means ive to use medication as well as E&RP treatment i.e. to face that situation which i always fear while talking with people........but how should i start?
Where are you from?  ERP is taught by a psychologist.
well.....i belong to small place from india....pyschologists are not available here :(
Hi there.  So if you don't have the ability to see a psychologist then you need to learn things on your own.  Can you access the book  The OCD Workbook:  Your Guide to Breaking free of OCD?  In the states it could be ordered on Amazon but not sure what you have available to you in India.  
I'm 44, have had the same problem for 15 yrs now.  Are you coping ok?
Hello...am female and i do this with males and females alike, i am about to get crazy. i am not a pervert or like sex more than anybody else!!! :(((( i am in a terrible sorrow...i can't be normal.ever at all.
Hi.  Do you wear glasses?  Just add a strip of scotch tape across the bottom third of the outside of the lenses.  Cut to fit so it doesn't look funny.  That should solve your problem and give you your life back again!  
Interesting KevJames.....how does this work?  
Is there anyone that has this that has found a solution..I suffer from this and have been for a few years..it's devastating,embarrassing,makes you want to live in a box,it's soo involuntary but it's a habit that keeps hopping beyond my control..it makes me uncomfortanle and causes me to have anxiety about being around people..i font want to start at any ones inappropriate. Areas but it happens.My family has noticed..I've quit great jobs because the staff noticed me starring at them or looking at them inappropriately..it's like when the body is covered I have no anxiety but as soon as some one sits next to me or talks to me and they have on pants my eyes are draw to there crotch no matter how I try to look them in the eyes pleeeeeease help me!!!!! I feel like my life is over..i wanted to kill myself a few times because of this..but then I thought of my daughter who's 10., I just want help..i haven't told any one but my husband about the starring but I really don't think he understands.. this is the main reason why I stay in isolation away from people...The starring at people inappropriately really kills me..i just want a doctor that will help this is real!! Ocd starring at genitals!! Embarrassing but I can't help it!!somebody anybody Help!!!!!!!!!