tourettes and OCD
I went to a therapist twice (too poor to afford more, read my other question) and he said the reason I have extra OCD symptoms that don't involve obsessions is that I also have tourettes. I mean, I have the symptoms, but i doesn't seem right to me. These tics, (winking, flexing muscles that are touching a surface and unflexing, grinding teeth, snapping thumbs, and stretching neck as well as others) don't seem like tourettes to me because, well, when I see someone else with tourettes, it looks like its involuntary. When I do it, it's voluntary, I just can't resist the urge. Like, I don't just twitch, i make myself do it because I can't help it. Plus, the 'feeling' I get when I do this, the slight satisfaction i guess, feels the same as my OCD compulsions. Shouldn't they be different? Is there anyone with OCD and tourettes that can explain this?
I have not been diagnosed with tourettes but I do have the tics and am aware when I am doing it.  I would not accept the diagnosis if it was me.  I would check elsewhere.