Asbestos Contamination
I had an experience where as a youth I had explored an abandoned building and removed some old town documents. Really old cool records of town activity, didn't think much of it. The other day I took the papers out of my attic and were looking through them, where I noticed a good deal of crystalline dust was falling from them. I am not experienced with the appearance of asbestos, but realized that this dust was probably not good to breath even if not a documented toxin. I mist the rug of the room I was in with water and vacumed it off with a shopvac. I then proceeded to vacum with a regular vacum cleaner. My questions are as follows:

1) had this dust been asbestos, would this be catagorized as a hazardous exposure given I was looking through the papers in the room I sleep in?

2) would the matter I used be effective at reducing the risk of airborne contamination?

3) the papers have been put back into my attic in a plastic container. Is it safe to keep them in the house?'

and is there anything else I should look into/ do in response to this concern?

thank you!