Flu shot in shoulder joint caused lasting pain
I am a 27 year old female.  I got the seasonal flu shot on November 5, 2009.  They gave me the shot in my shoulder joint.  I have never felt a pain like that before.  I thought it would go away in a few days, but it is not getting better.  I can't lift my hand higher than my waist in any direction.  I can't reach at all without pain.  Trying to raise the sheet to cover me when I am in bed is very painfull.  I have to use my right hand to help move my left arm to get it more comfortable because the pain is so great.  I called the urgent care clinic where I got the shot and they said I must have fallen or slept wrong.  I have never had a shoulder injury, and the pain started the second that needle was in.  I don't know what to do at this point.  I get the flu shot every year and have never had a problem.  I got the H1N1 shot one week before the seasonal flu shot (in the right arm) and had the normal kind of pain for about four days.  This pain is not normal at all.  It is in the shoulder joint.  The nurse did something wrong and now I don't know what to do.  Is there any help out there for someone without insurance.  If I whould have known this would happen to me I would not have had the flu shot.  I would have been much better off just getting the flu.  What can I do to get my shoulder back to normal?
I am a 30 yr old female. This sounds very much like my situation. However, I went to a regular doctor after my shoulder continued to hurt. The doctor believed me and gave me a shot of steroid into my joint (not the nicest thing to experience, but less pain than you are in now.) It helped immediately. If you have a doctor, go to him/her. If you do not, get a primary care doctor! Perhaps you should to go to a free clinic of some sort. Or go back to where you had the shot? Call the health department? Call the number on your consent form for vaccine injuries? That number on the consent form for the shot does not exactly apply to this, but it may get you somewhere. Explain the situation. You have pain. No one believes you. You do not have insurance. You do not know what to do. I would follow up on as many things as possible. You do not have insurance, so it makes it hard to just go to the doctor like I did. I'm sorry. I waited a month before I went to the doctor. But it is not your fault. Someone else made a mistake and they need to take responsibility for what they have done to you. Your lack of insurance is not your fault, either. I would call all of those places and do not let them get off of the phone until you get some answers! Do not wait. You deserve to have good health care. Good luck. I know it is hard to be pushy about getting answers about what to do when you are in pain, but you can do it.
On October 8th I got a regular flu shot.I'm a 45 year old female.  IT did not hurt when she gave the shot, but had have had pain and weekness in my right arm ever since.    It hurts to put my seat belt on, to scoop icecream, slice meat for dinner, and lift about anything.   Still after 3 months.  I finally made an appointment to see the doctor on Monday ..
I do remember that when the nurse gave me the shot, I heard her tell someone that she shoots the need up at an angle, because she believed that it hurt less that way.