Occupational Health & Safety Community
IME
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IME

I was stuck with  a needle several years ago.  Subsequently contacted HEP C and HIV.  Since that time I have been on labor and industries and social security disability.  Currently my life s ok but i am unable to function at a 100%.  If I get over tired I get confused and frequently mix things up.  I also have nerve damage from one of the viruses attacking my spine.  This was diagnosed by a neurologist. My ambulation has been affected requiring me to use a cane or a walker if going long distances.  I am now being scheduled for an Independent medical exam to reevaluate my limitations.

Has anyone else been thru a n IME?  I am concerned that they will not understand that my limitations are not always noticable.  The last 3 years I worked sick I could not put in a 40 hour week.  Any suggestions or advice would help.
thank you.
1744282 tn?1314068899
Im in the same boat pal. let me know how it goes ok. Only thing keep going to doctors I am  keep your head up and if your disabled I hope they give it to you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Occupational Health & Safety Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...