Inhaling adhesive
About 6 days ago I woke up unable to breathe due to my asthma. This has never happened before but after taking my inhaler, no change. So i went and stood outside for half an hour and it quickly calmed down. When I went back to my room, i noticed it smelt of paint/glue/solvent. I wasn't sure where this smell was coming from but removed a tin of carpet adhesive that was in my room after sticking something to my wall (stupid, yes.) After work, I came home and the kitchen (where the carpet adhesive had been moved to) smelt normal and fresh and no smell was coming from the adhesive can. My room though, smelt even worse. I ventilated my room and the smell disappeared after about a day. Two nights ago I could not sleep because of a headache on my right side of my head, which is unusual for me as I have only ever had a couple of headaches and none have lasted more than a couple of minutes. Since then I keep getting short bursts of head aches and last night found a small tube of adhesive that I have never seen before underneath my radiator that seems to have expanded in the heat and burst, filling the room with the smell and fumes. I'm not sure how concerned I should be as i've felt a lot better since I ventilated my room and threw away the tube. I'm just curious as to what this could do to my body for the 3-4 days of breathing it in of a night without knowing?

J
In general, the toxic substances will most likely eventually be removed from the system without you experiencing permanent injury.