Occupational Health & Safety Community
Lead and Mold in my apartment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

Lead and Mold in my apartment

Apparently Ventura County,CA does not offer apartment inspections.   In my lease I was given a notification about both mold and lead.  I have been sick for months, probably developed asthma, and have had elevated Eosinophils and IgE in my blood since May. I also developed Eosinophilic Esophagitis. On top of that i have had abdominal pain and reflux (no history of reflux) and I have these weird bouts of shaky vision and internal tremors. I also get the occassional short lived skin rash.

What is the best way to get tested for Lead poisoning?  
I took an allergy skin test for dust mites, mold, and cockroaches, but they all came back pretty unresponsive. If there are any other tests for mold, please let me know.
You can hire a certified inspector to look at your apartment. If you have mold California is one of only five states to have regulations against mold growth in rentals, recognizing that there is a potential health risk involved with mycotoxins (molds that produce harmful chemical toxins). The Toxic Mold Prevention Act of 2001 (TMPA), established by the Department of Health Services (DHS), sets standards for mold levels in indoor air. The law also allows DHS to identify remediation standards for owners, contractors and landlords.
As far as getting tested for lead poisioning, Venous Blood Lead Level (BLL) testing is the most useful screening and diagnostic test for recent or ongoing lead exposure as opposed to past exposures