Occupational Health & Safety Community
Paint fumes making me very sick

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

Paint fumes making me very sick

We painted a couple of rooms in the house with semi gloss in April. My mother got very ill and started sleeping outside. We talked to the paint company and they told us to use Kilz and try again. We did. Still no good. The company said to have professionals come and paint. We did. The paint company did give us all the money back and also paid the contractors. But here it is 6 months later and we are both still very sick.
We are coughing, dizzy, extremely tired, having headaches and many more problems.
We bought an odor free ozone machine and that's not helping either.

Any suggestions? We just want our house to be livable again and we would like to be living.
Check and see if its led paint? or it may not be the paint but just coincidence... do u have a carbon monoxide detector? if not u may want to get somebody in there to test your home (such as the Fire department) u may be getting small doses which is making you sick.....thats the only two things i can think of.....  but im not sure
Thank you. We did all that. But it is only in the rooms we used the semi gloss. And now it's drifting throughout the house.
But thank you. It's very odd.
check your home for other possible problems that the painting could have aggravated, such as mold spores.  there is one particular mold, a black mold that can make people deathly ill.