Hello...had a question. A few years back I had a brief exposure to asbestos (had no idea at the time it was asbestos, only found out recently...was helping a friend w/an abandoned house which was bought...was only in for a few hours, but was VERY dusty, full of debris, broken down, etc...). I checked with a doctor and several people well versed on the subject and they informed me while there is no "safe" exposure to asbestos, they explained to me such a small/acute exposure is not something to really worry too much about.
My question now is this though - years back (the same day when I was in the abandoned house), I found some cool posters/antique looking ads (dusty, dirty, etc..) which I took with me. I had them in a pile of stuff in my room for a bit, moved to garage a few times, and eventually ended up in a storage box in my room. To be honest, I never really even thought about them/the asbestos thing recently until I just came across them this week. Immediately panicked when I saw them (as I realized they came from the house w/the asbestos) and brought them outside and threw them away. Do objects (ie; papers, stuff like that) hold on to the asbestos materials, act as a "transport"? Or would simply carrying them out of the house years ago, moving them around make the fibers "fall off"/not "re-expose" me to asbestos. I was worried about this acute exposure from years ago, and was assured it wasn't a big deal as it was a one time thing...but would the papers which were IN the house bring large amounts of asbestos out of the house (and now into my house/room)? What should I do? Do I need the air tested or something now? Really kind of nervous about this now, any advice is much appreciated.
to better explain it and summarize...I guess i'm nervous about what may be some kind of "indirect" asbestos exposure from the papers (only a few) that were in the house w/confirmed asbetsos...it was only that one time years ago (papers have been shuffled around,moved many times since) and there has been no other reintroduction of asbestos from that house...should I just forget about this? Move on and not worry about it?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.