Avatar universal
chemical exposure
my question is the other day they were doing some work on the apartment below us. I wasn't home my husband was and he was taking a nap. When he woke up the entire apartment was engulfed in fumes and his skin was burning he couldn't breathe and he had the shakes and a really bad cough. He went downstairs and asked them to stop what they were doing and they wouldn't they also said they were almost done, then he asked what they were doing they said redoing the bathrooms, he also asked what kind of chemicals they were using and they would not tell him. Needless to say he is going to the dr. at this very moment. I just want to know if what he was exposed to was harmful, but since the complex won't tell us what should he do?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
144586 tn?1284669764
He should have called the fire department, because in almost all cases these fumes are highly flammable, and the police and had them arrested. Most likely the fumes came from a volatile solvent used to produce a smooth surface on the floors. These are neurotoxic, but there is really no treatment except exposure to fresh air and no way to quantify damage. You have the option of going to the police and filing a complaint. Most likely they will "blow you off". Contractors tend to be very indifferent. This happened in my building, we called the fire department, and they were shut down immediately and issued summons..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Occupational Health & Safety Community Resources