Occupational Health & Safety Community
head injury
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

head injury

i was struck on the forehead heavily by a metal bar at work causing a few small cuts and 2 large ones yesterday. Since then i have found i have a numbness on the top of my head, it is on the same side as i was struck roughly 5"x5" in a circle. Please advise thankyou.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1699033_tn?1405352675
Anytime you take a hit to the head as hard as yours sounds, hard enough to cause lacerations, you really need to have your head looked at.  You don't want to have a subdural hematoma or a concussion, etc.  I'm not sure what the numbness is but the reality is it came from the blow to the head so best to get it looked at as soon as you can.  
Blank
1815489_tn?1317601394
I have been sick for about 3 months now so I might not have much to offer.  But I fell off my steps about 15 months ago and landed on my head from about  three feet up.  Just recently In the last 2 months or so I noticed that the top of my head gets numb in a spot about the size of 3x3.  To make a long story short, I just got a MRI done a few days ago and nothing was wrong except for my sinuses have a mucus layer around them. You should see someone but I wouldn't get too worried.
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
You need to go to an emergency room immediately for an evaluation. There is only a limited window of opportunity to treat developing problems secondary to a head injury. There is often secondary injury to the cervical veterbrae.  Such flexure could cause pain developing six months to a year later. This is not something to wait for an appointment with your GP. There may be a slow bleed developing, which has to be addressed. Is the situation "life-threatening". Maybe yes and maybe no. There are unanswered questions, such as whether or not there was a loss of consciousness. In any event, an opinion is beyond the scopt of an internet talk board. If the injury happened at your place of work a timely evaluation is essential to a workman's compensation claim.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Occupational Health & Safety Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...