Occupational Health & Safety Community
head injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

head injury

i was struck on the forehead heavily by a metal bar at work causing a few small cuts and 2 large ones yesterday. Since then i have found i have a numbness on the top of my head, it is on the same side as i was struck roughly 5"x5" in a circle. Please advise thankyou.
Anytime you take a hit to the head as hard as yours sounds, hard enough to cause lacerations, you really need to have your head looked at.  You don't want to have a subdural hematoma or a concussion, etc.  I'm not sure what the numbness is but the reality is it came from the blow to the head so best to get it looked at as soon as you can.  
I have been sick for about 3 months now so I might not have much to offer.  But I fell off my steps about 15 months ago and landed on my head from about  three feet up.  Just recently In the last 2 months or so I noticed that the top of my head gets numb in a spot about the size of 3x3.  To make a long story short, I just got a MRI done a few days ago and nothing was wrong except for my sinuses have a mucus layer around them. You should see someone but I wouldn't get too worried.
You need to go to an emergency room immediately for an evaluation. There is only a limited window of opportunity to treat developing problems secondary to a head injury. There is often secondary injury to the cervical veterbrae.  Such flexure could cause pain developing six months to a year later. This is not something to wait for an appointment with your GP. There may be a slow bleed developing, which has to be addressed. Is the situation "life-threatening". Maybe yes and maybe no. There are unanswered questions, such as whether or not there was a loss of consciousness. In any event, an opinion is beyond the scopt of an internet talk board. If the injury happened at your place of work a timely evaluation is essential to a workman's compensation claim.