Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Bleach

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Bleach

i clean with bleach all the time. I would like to know if that could be dangerous for me , if i could damage my brain, my lungs or anything else. Also im planning to have a baby, it would dangerous for the baby, please let me know. the only thing i can say is i got headckd every tme i use bleach.  Thank you
Tags: bleach, Baby
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If you are getting a headache every time that you are using bleach, you may be using too high of a concentration of bleach in water.

A 1 in 5 solution of 1 part bleach (usually 3-6% sodium hypochlorite) to 4 parts water is a standard concentration that is used in hospitals and buildings in the United States.

You might consider that you have proper ventilation when you are cleaning; that is, opening the windows and ensuring that there is good air flow when you are cleaning will likely be helpful.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.