Heavt exposure to paint fumes- How long will I be like this?
I've been painting for two days and breathing fumes of both oil based ans laytex paint and now  i have been feeling stumbly and sort of drunk feeling all day. My head has felt heavy all day and I have been emotional all day too. It fells like being drunk. how long do you think this will last? is there anything that can be done or do I just have to wait it out? ( I am bipolar and sometime sstrange things happen to my mind, but this is so different. I'm just luying around lis bed today.)
THanks
Emmaray
The inhaling vapors from the paints can cause the symptoms that you have described in your posting.

1. You should remove yourself from the painted environment
2. Use a cartridge respirator the next time that you paint in an enclosed area or confined space.
3. The symptoms should disappear over hours to a few days.
4. You should consider following-up with a medical provider if your symptoms continue.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.