Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Help.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Help.

I was working (hairstyling) and I hit my head on the corner of my staton. It is very hard wood. Luckily, it was only in the front of my head but I lost about 2 tablespoons of blood. I was bending down to plug in my iron. I feel okay, it's just the impact area is hurting a lot. The cut is about 1 centimeter deep and looks as if I jabbed my thumb into  ny forehead. I was scared to sleep lat night, but I woke up. ( that's a relief) but I am scared to sleep tonight. I don't have insurance so I don't want to rush to the doctor. Also, I Can't have the shop pay for my injury because I rent my station.(signed a contract, not to sue) I feel okay but I want to know if this is a serious injury because all of the forums that applied to my injury were at ther limit. :(
Avatar_dr_m_tn

In general, wounds of the scalp and head are at lower risk of infection and heal well.

In general, if wounds become red around the edges, warm, swollen, drain yellow fluid...these are signs of infection.

If the wound's edges are not close together, the wound will take longer to heal.

Please feel free to respond with additional questions that you may have.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.