Leg pains... possibly due to firearm?
I am in the security field, as have been carrying a firearm for nearly 1 year now. The last few days,I have had severe pains running through my legs, both,more so, the right leg. The pain does not stop when I remove the weapon, however it does ease up.
Is there a connection???
Ryan-Tel Aviv
Hi Ryan,

Could you tell me a bit more about your symptoms?

Here are a few questions to get us started:
1. Do you carry your side-arm in a holster of some sort? if so, which side?
2. Do you also care a rifle or "long" weapon on a sling?
3. Do you wear body armor or "kit"? if so, what type and about how much do you think that it weighs?
4. Regarding your symptoms, does the leg pain extend below the knee on either side?
5. Do you have back pain? if so, where? right, left, middle?
6. How would you describe the pain? for example, "burning", "stabbing", etc.
7. What makes your symptoms better or worse? sitting, standing, etc.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical or legal advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
The problem is common with certain types of holsters, such as the Blackhawk tactical, which have a flat strap that circumferentially wraps around the leg, cutting off circulation.
Unfortunately, employers (and the military) sometimes require the wearing of this type of holster.