Lung Pain
I sandblasted for about 3 yrs I have been having chest pains for about 6 months on the right lower rib area I have had my gallblader out.I have had ct,hrct,x rays,sperimeter test no ashma.I was wondering if I could still have silicosis with a clear ct,etc.Thanks

It would be very unlikely for you to have silicosis without having any findings on x-ray or CT.

Are you a current or past smoker?

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
No I never smoked nor any kind of drugs
Hello again,

I asked about a history of smoking because a history of smoking can results in synergistic negative health effects in combination with some occupational/environmental exposures (for example, silica and asbestos).

If you have on-going rigth upper quadrant discomfort, you should continue to investigate the potential cause with your health care provider.

~•~ Dr. Parks

Thanks Dr Parks