Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Motion Sickness

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Motion Sickness

I recently started a new job. Was set to work standing over a conveyor belt to seperate rogue elements from good ones My eyes were constantly moving and when ever the belt sopped it appeared to move backwards. After three hours I became nauses and very sick and started to vomit. It felt exactly like when I was once sea sick. I left work and went home but remained ill for the rest of the day and evening. What happened to me?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

It is possible to experience motion sickness while looking at moving parts of machinery and this is the likely explanation of your symptoms.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.