Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Motorcycle brake pads

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Motorcycle brake pads
Had to get the tire replaced on my yamaha 2006 nouvou 125cc motorcycle in a open shop right next to the door entrance. I left to let them take off the tire and replace and returned to p/u the bike 10min later.

Later I found out that they used an air compressor on the brake pads for 1 second but nothing on the drum. I was in the open garage for about 5 seconds before I left. Could I be at risk of asbestos exposure?

You should not be concerned based on the 5 second window of time that you were present in the garage.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Thanks! What would of been a safe time limit in that garage?