Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
Singulair side effects
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Singulair side effects

I was prescribed Singulair to relieve severe June grass allergies.  Although the medication worked to calm my hay faver, I suffered servious side effects as a result.

After taking the medication for 3 weeks, I started experiencing a "pins and needles" sensation in my left arm and hand.  After stopping the medication for over a week, I am still experiencing numbness and itching on my left hand.  In addition, while taking the medication, I experienced severe mood swings and irritability which ceased within 2 days after stopping the drug.  

Unless you suffer from life-threatening asthma, I would not recommend taking this drug to treat seasonal allergies.  The side effects are not worth it.
Tags: Allergies