cpk level post exercise
after a workout we had some athlets become very sore. After going to the doctor, a blood test showed their cpk levels at 23 thousand. We are having them sit out for at least 48 hours before returning to training, what should their cpk levels be before they are allowed to return to training?

Before I provide an answer, I have a few questions:

What age and gender are the athletes that you are referring to?

What sort of physical activity were the athletes doing (and hoping to return to)?

An informational link:
www.usuhs.mil/mem/hpl/ExertionalRhabdomyolysisREV15.doc

With CK/CPK values at the exceedingly high level of 23,000, you should strongly consider  having the athletes evaluated by a medical provider--at levels this elevated, there is significant concern for injury to the kidneys.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case
Hi, There may be a strong possibility that they are experiencing muscle injuries after vigorous exercises (Rhabdomyolysis-Muscle fibres rapidly breakdown) that is leading to their higher CPK level. This needs immediate and thorough evaluation by a sport physician or an orthopedic. Thank you.