industrial deep fryer fumes, health risks

I could not find the informationon health risks of exposure to industrial deep fryers. Can you direct me to the source or tell if information exist at all on this subject (apart from fire risks)?

Thank you,
N
Dear Nora,

As you mention in your posting, the most obvious concerns with regard to health and safety related to the use of deep fryers are focused on burns and fires.

Can you describe the reason for your concern and what types of symptoms that you may be experiencing?

There has been increasing concern regarding fumes that may be released from teflon (or non-stick surfaces) at very high temperatures.

I hope this is helpful to you.

~*~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.