Occupational Safety & Health Expert Forum
low ferrtin level

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

low ferrtin level
hi, my ferritin level is 2.  but my hemoglobin was okay at 11:my doctor was not happy about that, she told me to take iron every day,

In general, with iron deficiency anemia (anemia due to low iron), the ferritin level is decreased (even in the presence of a "normal" serum iron).

A hemoglobin of 11 is slightly low for an otherwise healthy woman.

Did your physician tell you why he or she believes that you are anemic?

Just FYI, this forum is reserved for questions and postings regarding Occupational Health and Safety. If you have primary care or general medicine questions, you might consider posting your question in the Family Medicine forum.

I hope that this is helpful to you.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.