Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Bit my tongue, is it infected?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bit my tongue, is it infected?

I bit my tongue two days ago...now it is hurting in the place of the bite as there is a huge white canker sore at the same place I bit it...also on the same side, there seems to be 3 or 4 bumps on my tongue about 1 cm away fromthe bite. There is no puss coming out though. Is my tongue infected?

Also, I bit my tongue while having lunch, then at night after about 10 hours I felt a pain in my neck under the jaw on the same side of the bite...The next day I woke up and the pain in my neck/throat was worse and I couldnt swallow easily. Now it is easing a bit. Is this related to the biting incident?