Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Bump on gum

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Bump on gum
I have a bump on my gum , it is mostly red in colour but with a litle white on one end , it is painless and feels juz like a normal gum , i dont have any sore throat or anything. Any clues about what is this ? I am quite busy recently so i cannot go to the dentist yet .
Any lesion that persists in the mouth for more than two weeks needs to be evaluated by a dentist or Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.  This is important even if you are not having any symptoms or pain.

There are countless text book devoted to the hundreds of possibilities for lesions in the mouth.  It is impossible to render an opinion without a clinical examination, history and possibly radiographs.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies
i visited a doctor not dentist as i had severe muscle discomfort after intense exercise , and the doctor says it may be a tooth , so how will it be removed(and the protruding gum too) and will it be costly.
A related discussion, bump on gums was started.
A related discussion, bump above tooth after exstraction was started.