Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Gum Pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gum Pain

I have recently developed a throbbing, burning and persistent lower front gum pain that has persisted for about a week. There is no tooth looseness, no bleeding and no swelling, just the pain, and nothing seems to be easing it. I have quite healthy teeth, and am very careful with my dental hygiene and I have no idea what this could be. I'm very scared about losing my teeth, thus the careful dental hygiene...I brush and floss regularly, so the pain has me a little scared about what could be going on. I am a healthy 28 year old female, with no history of dental issues. Any suggestions?
Tags: pain gums