Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Jaw not alligned after surgery

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Jaw not alligned after surgery
I had a wisdom tooth removed 1 week ago (lower jaw)which was done under general anesthetic and i have stitches, swelling has gone right done and nearly gone but my lower jaw is still set back over a cm than before the surgery and i struggle to talk without slurring, is this normal and will it resume its original position?
What you are experiencing is not normal for the procedure you described.

I suggest you advise your surgeon as soon as possible.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.