Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Lump in the lower portion in the cheek.

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Lump in the lower portion in the cheek.

Hello Doctor

I recently noticed may be a month ago a lump or a lump like swelling in the lower portion of the inside of cheek on the left side. What could it be?? I have a sinus problem and yearly when the weather is bad or it's too cold I get a sore throat which I'm experiencing even now. I just wanna know wht could the lump be?? If it's cancerous what kind of cancer could it be?? The symptoms. How fast does a cancerous lump grow. I'm really worried. Please help.
Any lesion or mass that persists in the mouth for more than two weeks requires evaluation by an Oral Surgery.  Countless numbers of text books have been written on oral lesions and there are a hundred possible diagnosis.  Cancer is of course included in these.

Unfortunately, I cannot possibly rendered diagnosis without a clinical exam and biopsy.  You should turn your concern into action and promptly call an Oral Surgeon so they may properly evaluate you.

Information contained within this reply is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a medical diagnosis or treatment recommendation.  This is not a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your own doctor for medical condition. Only your doctor can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.
Thanks Doctor

I went to my general physician yesterday and she said it's nothing. I need to be worried.
That's normal it will go away on its own. Could you please give your opinion on this